The Student Room Group

Urgent, please !! Faked my gcse results!!!

hey guys, Last week i changed a online version of my results and then gave it to my college to do three a levels (i tried btec, wasent for me) at first i wasent scared since most uni's dont ask for certificates. but i recently learn about ULN (unique learner number) which i heard uni 's use to check your qualification, so i wondering what to do, shall i try put my real grades on the application and hope my teachers dont see/realise or put fake grades and hope they dont find out?

i could really do with advice.

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
wth dude that's messed up
Uni's don't care about GCSE's so long as you have good a-levels. Shouldn't have faked them though you absolute muppet.
your college might not like that , don't be surprised if they exclude you , unless u make up a brilliant excuse
Original post by D.Silawi
hey guys, Last week i changed a online version of my results and then gave it to my college to do three a levels (i tried btec, wasent for me) at first i wasent scared since most uni's dont ask for certificates. but i recently learn about ULN (unique learner number) which i heard uni 's use to check your qualification, so i wondering what to do, shall i try put my real grades on the application and hope my teachers dont see/realise or put fake grades and hope they dont find out?

i could really do with advice.

thanks

You HAVE to put your actual grades on or you are carrying out FRAUDULENT acts, and your application may be cancelled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly your only option is dropping out of the college or coming clean, in which case if you take the latter option, my gosh you are ****ed.
Reply 6
I know, i know i tried btec but it was just the worst, it was somthing i had to do.

Original post by TheNumbere
Uni's don't care about GCSE's so long as you have good a-levels. Shouldn't have faked them though you absolute muppet.
Reply 7
im sure theres other options?

Original post by multieman
Honestly your only option is dropping out of the college or coming clean, in which case if you take the latter option, my gosh you are ****ed.
I know, i know i tried btec but it was just the worst, it was somthing i had to do.

Original post by TheNumbere

The uni might here of it though , ik someone who faked his gcse results , most of the uni's he applied to rejected him , despite him getting decent grades to begin with
Tell them wth, just say you made a mistake
Reply 10
Did he write the fake grades on the application?

Original post by Ray_Shadows
The uni might here of it though , ik someone who faked his gcse results , most of the uni's he applied to rejected him , despite him getting decent grades to begin with
Reply 11
but then il get dropped to btec or kicked out like im doing really well with the a levels

Original post by Boredom101
Tell them wth, just say you made a mistake
Bruh how did you change your grades? and as for universities to access your qualifications have you created an application on UCAS?
Did he write the fake grades on the application?

yep , i wasn't too close with the guy , from what i heard was that the college phoned the school he was studying at and they found out he cheated in handing in his forms , he went to a different college after that , he did get into uni but not the preferred ones he wanted
Reply 14
that's crazy
Reply 15
I requested a email version and then edited it which was dangerously easy, and i havent made an application yet im in my first year of a levels

Original post by Asha_19
Bruh how did you change your grades? and as for universities to access your qualifications have you created an application on UCAS?
Mate you're fine dont worry trust me. Put you're correct grades on your UCAS form but don't tell anyone about faking on the form school and you will be fine. There is like 0.01% chance your school will notice because the grades you give to get into Year 12,13 courses are just to get you enrolled then they're forgotten about - teacher's don't memorise people's GCSEs. Even if they did might not be those same teachers checking your UCAS. If by some disaster you're called out on it just say that when you were entering your GCSEs on the school form you made a mistake and didn't realise one was wrong. They might be pissed but they wont do anything if they believe it was an honest mistake.

Contrast this with lying on your UCAS. The Unis will definitely find out, reject you instantly and also its like fraud. People expect you to take time over UCAS so the making a mistake excuse is not going to be good in that situation. This option will leave you screwed.

Also creds for taking some initiative to get on the courses you want.
There are 3 options left for you:
1. Come clean and make a very good excuse(Example: You just forgot to put the right grades in)
2. Don't tell them and just hope and pray to Jesus that they don't find out
3. Hack their database in order to change your grades on the system:colone:
Option 3 is definitively out of your reach as I am guessing none knows how to hack their system, could give a try at option 2 but it's too risky, I would strongly recommend choosing option 1, trust me, better to tell them ASAP and they will forgive you if you give them a good excuse like the one I suggested.
Nice.
tenor.jpg
Reply 19
Thanks bro, i really appreciate your reply its really comforted me.

Original post by TheTree0fDeath
Mate you're fine dont worry trust me. Put you're correct grades on your UCAS form but don't tell anyone about faking on the form school and you will be fine. There is like 0.01% chance your school will notice because the grades you give to get into Year 12,13 courses are just to get you enrolled then they're forgotten about - teacher's don't memorise people's GCSEs. Even if they did might not be those same teachers checking your UCAS. If by some disaster you're called out on it just say that when you were entering your GCSEs on the school form you made a mistake and didn't realise one was wrong. They might be pissed but they wont do anything if they believe it was an honest mistake.

Contrast this with lying on your UCAS. The Unis will definitely find out, reject you instantly and also its like fraud. People expect you to take time over UCAS so the making a mistake excuse is not going to be good in that situation. This option will leave you screwed.

Also creds for taking some initiative to get on the courses you want.

Latest