Routes into MBB/Strategy consulting (as a first year) Watch
I know that somebody made a thread covering the routes/path for entering the banking industry (e.g. insight day --> spring week --> summer analyst --> grad) so I am just wondering what the equivalent would be for consulting?
I am about to start my first yr at one of the MBB targets and would like to know the best way of approaching my goal of working at MBB/a strategy house. Is there anything I can really do in my first year to maximise my chances of getting onto an internship?
Thanks in advance!
Yeah I start next week but is there anything else that can be done? All the banking recruitment seems much more structured than MBB?
note that PwC and deloitte have good strat divisions, due to the mergers with Booz and Monitor.
- brush up on your case study skills by doing case studies here and there
- as mentioned, join a pro-bono consultancy group to understand the different matrixes used and the jargon
- apply to discover, mckinsey's version of a spring week
- apply to bcg's 12 month programme via rare recruitment... not sure when they open, email them
- start questioning the world... how many buses are moving in London at any given moment? how much profit does Waterloo station make per incoming train carriage? there is an approach to answering these questions and if you get that, not only will you suceed in any interview but you'll enjoy the job
I'm not even kidding.