The Student Room Group

Can I do this with an internship?

I'm currently a 3rd year student doing MEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering (4 year undergraduate course) and my uni's careers fair is approaching where I hope to secure a summer internship. The issue I have is that I don't want to do the Masters anymore and would rather graduate with a Bachelors. So my question is can I apply for internships as if I'm a penultimate year student even if I don't want to do a Masters anymore? I want to do this because I heard final year students have less appeal with employers.
Original post by chillimanners
I'm currently a 3rd year student doing MEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering (4 year undergraduate course) and my uni's careers fair is approaching where I hope to secure a summer internship. The issue I have is that I don't want to do the Masters anymore and would rather graduate with a Bachelors. So my question is can I apply for internships as if I'm a penultimate year student even if I don't want to do a Masters anymore? I want to do this because I heard final year students have less appeal with employers.

It depends how you do it. If you apply on the basis you are a 4 year, when you still are or havent decided for sure or made any steps to downgrade that would be ok.
If youve already decided or taken steps to go 3 year, but pretended you were 4, then that would be a misrepresentation.

They may not care and they may not find out. I would say you are under a duty to tell them if you do change, but thats your choice.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending