The Student Room Group

Best Uni For Illustration (Ba) Near London

I currently have six universities that I'm interested in applying for, but I need to get that down to five. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or knows much about any of the following unis? I'm planning to visit a few later in the year but I can't get to all of them. Knowing their reputation etc would really help!

The six I'm interested in are:

UCA (Farnham)
University of Westminster ( Harrow)
Brighton University (Grand Parade)
Middlesex University
Kingston University London
UEL (The School of Arts and Digital Industries)

note: I did have UAL (Camberwell) on this list, but after some research and hearing some personal experiences from a friend, I don't think it's for me. The course seems a bit too Fine Art based and I can't help but think that their prestigious name perhaps disguises some of their problems. A look at their WhatUni reviews brought this to light for me. Of course, I don't know this for sure, so any information on Camberwell would be great, too.
Original post by victoriahooover
I currently have six universities that I'm interested in applying for, but I need to get that down to five. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or knows much about any of the following unis? I'm planning to visit a few later in the year but I can't get to all of them. Knowing their reputation etc would really help!

The six I'm interested in are:

UCA (Farnham)
University of Westminster ( Harrow)
Brighton University (Grand Parade)
Middlesex University
Kingston University London
UEL (The School of Arts and Digital Industries)

note: I did have UAL (Camberwell) on this list, but after some research and hearing some personal experiences from a friend, I don't think it's for me. The course seems a bit too Fine Art based and I can't help but think that their prestigious name perhaps disguises some of their problems. A look at their WhatUni reviews brought this to light for me. Of course, I don't know this for sure, so any information on Camberwell would be great, too.

Hello,

Nice to hear that you are interested in Middlesex University :smile:
I have done my BA here and I am still doing a Masters!
It is a very nice atmosphere, there are people from all over the world and there is loads of support :smile:
There are also loads of sports and societies to get involved in!
In terms of the BA Illustration, we have great facilities. Every student gets an individual work space and many guest lectures get invited.
At the end of the three years, you will also get to showcase your work at the Art and Design show in Brick Lane!
Have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYZK903NfZQ.

We are also running an Open Day on the 7th of October!
Why don't you come to have a look?
You can book your place here: www.mdx.ac.uk/opendays.

Let me know if you have any questions
Have a great day

Ludovica

Quick Reply

Latest