Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How many hours a night work does 4 a-levels require?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    It depends on what A levels and how fast you are.

ReputationRep:
    depends on how clever you are, how good your teacher is, whether you know more already about the subject than you need to already, what your AS marks are, how efficently you work ect...................

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your style of working. Some people don't do much when they get home after school/college, others do.

ReputationRep:
    Zero

ReputationRep:
    However much you want and need. Essay and coursework-based subjects generally require more work. Tell us more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Zero
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    Well the time I spent completing Splinter Cell on the PS2 was about a week. I spent about 4-5 hours every night completing it instead of revising. So I say roughly about 4-5 hours will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    My school reckons 4-5 hours a week per subject at AS.

ReputationRep:
    In Lower VI, I did about half an hour to an hour per night. Results-wise, I caned it and my teachers loved me.

Upper VI was a different story. I knew I could afford to more or less coast it, and by the summer I didn't do any homework at all. I didn't get in trouble really. However, I knew what I needed to do and I did enough when it came to exams.

ReputationRep:
    Zero
    Ditto. And I managed three A's and two B's. Ok, so maybe 'zero' is a bit of an exaggeration, but I was suprised at how little work I had to do. Some subjects have more work than others and obviously it depends how much homework you are given. But I found myself doing very little, especially in the last term. Part of it was probably me being lazy and not bothering to do all the homework (something that I really need to change for A2), but I also found that we weren't really given much homework (I dont think I got a single geography piece all year)

ReputationRep:
    Your subject titles get better and better....

ReputationRep:
    5-6 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    In Lower VI, I did about half an hour to an hour per night. Results-wise, I caned it and my teachers loved me.

Upper VI was a different story. I knew I could afford to more or less coast it, and by the summer I didn't do any homework at all. I didn't get in trouble really. However, I knew what I needed to do and I did enough when it came to exams.
    Sounds like a plan...

What did you get for A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobb_theprequel)
    Sounds like a plan...

What did you get for A2?
    ok this is a bit of a random ques...but by anychance r u mobbdeerob?

ReputationRep:
    dittto. i totally agree. DEPENDS

i did non essay but lots-of-learning subjects plus the music. it wasn't too much hard work, in fact if you liked AS, A2 cant' be too hard to swallow.

i'd move towards to the zero than the 4-5 per week. you wont' notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    ok this is a bit of a random ques...but by anychance r u mobbdeerob?
    Yes.

Good to see you back.

ReputationRep:
    Zero
    for you that is

ReputationRep:
    AS was a breeze really.

For A2, I only did homeworks, which were few and far between.

Maths/Further Maths: I generally copied every homework (bad habit I know but we were set so much I still got 2 relatively high A's)

Physics I didn't get a homework in the whole year!

Biology I got about 1 essay a month = 1 hour a month.

So I actually only did about 1-2 hours homework max a week.

However about a month before my exams I started to cram (about 3 hours a day)

It really depends on your style, some work better if they study throughout the whole year, others like me just cram (it has less time to leave my memory)

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do much at all untill coursework and revision time.

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.