amiechilderhouse
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm really struggling to complete my application for the higher maintenance loan as I have absolutely no evidence that my parents have separated. Also I am not able to get said documents via the options mentioned by student finance. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve this please?
Miriam SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hi amiechilderhouse

If you're sponsor is unable to send the standard evidence we can accept alternative evidence.

• Tenancy agreement or mortgage statement in their own name only and
  • 2 utility bills in their own name only, dated within the last 6 months and
  • Current council tax bill

Along with the evidence she will need to write a covering letter explaining the reasons why she is unable to provide us with the standard evidence and just to sign and date the letter.

Once we have received the evidence the current processing time is 21 working days.

Thanks Miriam
amiechilderhouse
Rep:
Thank you so much for getting back to me. Does it have to be all 3 of those or just one? And the letter of course?
amiechilderhouse
Rep:
(Original post by Miriam SFE)
Hi amiechilderhouse

If you're sponsor is unable to send the standard evidence we can accept alternative evidence.

• Tenancy agreement or mortgage statement in their own name only and
  • 2 utility bills in their own name only, dated within the last 6 months and
  • Current council tax bill

Along with the evidence she will need to write a covering letter explaining the reasons why she is unable to provide us with the standard evidence and just to sign and date the letter.

Once we have received the evidence the current processing time is 21 working days.

Thanks Miriam

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Does it need to be all 3 of those or just 1 and the covering letter? The trouble is my gather is staying at my parents address and therefore does not have a mortgage statement
Stuart SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by amiechilderhouse)
Thank you so much for getting back to me. Does it need to be all 3 of those or just 1 and the covering letter? The trouble is my gather is staying at my parents address and therefore does not have a mortgage statement
Hi amiechilderhouse,

If your father is not able to provide any of the standard or all of the alternative evidence he should explain in his covering letter the reasons why he is unable to provide this.

He should attach any other evidence he feels will support the change in status.

Thanks,

Stuart
lijo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
does parental evidence have to be original or copy
Catherine SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lijo)
does parental evidence have to be original or copy
Hi lijo,

Photocopy's of parental evidence are acceptable as long as its a clear copy.

Thanks Katie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (235)
41.96%
The paper was reasonable (238)
42.5%
Not feeling great about that exam... (51)
9.11%
It was TERRIBLE (36)
6.43%

Watched Threads