The Student Room Group

my mum is pissed off because i cut my hair?

so today, I went to get my hair cut after I got in cut in late june. In june, I cut it about 2 inches above my elbow. Today, my mum asked me how much i wanted off, and she basically told me that I could only get it trimmed. But, at the hairdresser I cut it my shoulders and I absolutely loved it at first. Then I get home, and my mum doesn't say anything at all. This was odd because normally mothers will have something to say ,you know? I was confused so I asked her what was wrong, and she began to yell at me saying that I lied to her, even though I never said I only wanted a trim. Now she is so pissed off and its made me feel awful. At first I loved my haircut, and I still love the way it looks, but my mum has ruined everything and I just wish that I hadn't done it :/
What do I do???
(edited 6 years ago)
She realises hair grows back, right?
imagine if you go bald...
Can I ask how old you are? In my opinion a parent shouldn’t be able to tell you what to do with your hair over the age of about 14-15. Then any mistakes you make you will learn from. Hair will always grow back so nothing is permanent! You just do you. Rock what you have because you don’t really have a choice 😉
Reply 4
She's your parent, not the almighty dictator of your life. If you like it, that's the only thing that matters. You haven't done anything wrong, you haven't hurt anyone, and you haven't lied to her. Trust me, I've had all the hair lengths: waist-long, down to my shoulder blades, a bob, a crew cut, and Ivy League styles. My mum didn't like it when it went above a bob (screamed at me saying how I was embarassing her, looking like a boy). And guess what? The world didn't end and I'm growing it out again because I felt like it. Anyway, even if your hairstyle was terrible, you have to make your own mistakes in order to learn.
Original post by sophieeliza
so today, I went to get my hair cut after I got in cut in late june. In june, I cut it about 2 inches above my elbow. Today, my mum asked me how much i wanted off, and she basically told me that I could only get it trimmed. But, at the hairdresser I cut it my shoulders and I absolutely loved it at first. Then I get home, and my mum doesn't say anything at all. This was odd because normally mothers will have something to say ,you know? I was confused so I asked her what was wrong, and she began to yell at me saying that I lied to her, even though I never said I only wanted a trim. Now she is so pissed off and its made me feel awful. At first I loved my haircut, and I still love the way it looks, but my mum has ruined everything and I just wish that I hadn't done it :/
What do I do???

She'll forgive you eventually, I trimmed my first beard to size 1 - my dad got pissed at the barber and then my mum refused to talk to me *cough* *cough* it was quite an experience, and as it just so happens, i relived it 2 weeks ago... At the end of the day parents will forgive, you just got to say sorry.

These other people who replied, have probably already left their parents, so in turn can only encourage you to leave yours (be independent) as well... It's up to you whether you want to take that bold move - for me, it has never ended well - Dad choke slammed me before, so nowadays i just live life as it is.
If your new haircut is OK to you and you feel OK, then who cares what mom or anyone else says / thinks / whatever

Quick Reply

Latest