The Student Room Group

Laura's Year 10/11 GYG

Hello and welcome to my GYG!

I have wanted to do this for ages, and I have zero motivation, so hopefully this will help :biggrin:

An introduction:

My name is Laurawatt and I have just started Year 10! :dance:

Outside of school I play the cello, do badminton and netball :biggrin:

My subjects are:

Spoiler

My grades (at the end of Year 9) were:

Spoiler

I am hoping for 7/8/9s in my GCSEs! I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, but I hope that good GCSEs will help me decide on a career path for the future.

For A-level, I hope to do psychology, maths and another subject (which I haven’t decided on yet).

The thing I will struggle most I feel like is chemistry and English literature as these are my weak points I don’t always understand what happens or how to answer the question properly, but I hope this will improve with time and with the good teachers I have this year.
I am feeling quite confident in maths, music, RE and geography - which is good as they are nearly half the subjects i am doing! :biggrin:

I will update as much as I can! Thanks for reading and comment below - I'm happy to answer any questions :h:

Scroll to see replies

27/9/17
So today was actually rather good!
It was my best friend's birthday and my best day subject wise -
- Music
- Physics
- Geography
- English
- Maths

I got maths homework today, but finished that in 10 minutes as soon as I got home. It was about averages, so it was super-duper easy. I have english research homework but i finished that yesterday. I need to make some science notes and finish some chemistry homework about alloys. Overall I have very good teachers this year so i'm pleased :biggrin:

It's open evening tomorrow at my school (for the Year 6s) and my music teacher asked me and my friend today if we could perform :eek: eek! I'm pleased that she asked me but she could have given us more warning as i have no idea what to perform :dontknow:

I don't know if you guys are interested in this, if not I'll take you off the tag list :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by laurawatt
27/9/17
So today was actually rather good!
It was my best friend's birthday and my best day subject wise -
- Music
- Physics
- Geography
- English
- Maths

I got maths homework today, but finished that in 10 minutes as soon as I got home. It was about averages, so it was super-duper easy. I have english research homework but i finished that yesterday. I need to make some science notes and finish some chemistry homework about alloys. Overall I have very good teachers this year so i'm pleased :biggrin:

It's open evening tomorrow at my school (for the Year 6s) and my music teacher asked me and my friend today if we could perform :eek: eek! I'm pleased that she asked me but she could have given us more warning as i have no idea what to perform :dontknow:

I don't know if you guys are interested in this, if not I'll take you off the tag list :biggrin:
Love hearing these. Makes me feel old but a bit of nostalgia doesn't hurt.:h:
3/10/17
Today was quite good in my opinion :biggrin:
I had music, physics, geography, english and maths.
Music:
We did a composition lesson today in music - Mostly sharps and flats. Okay, but mildly boring :lol:
Physics:
Our teacher gave about 4 people detentions for walking in 1 minute late - not me thankfully - never had a detention :biggrin: :angelwings:
We did about Specific Latent Heat - still very confused though :afraid:
Geography:
We had a cover teacher :^_^: She is really nice and gave us all a positive referral (equivalent of a merit). We are doing about the Indonesian Rainforest and we have to do a presentation next lesson, so we were working on that :ahee:
English:
Interesting lesson to say the least :eek2: Next classroom next to ours were crazy - mouthing off the teacher - refusing to do work - one of the boys flipped a table and stormed out of the classroom. We were all like :eek3: :gasp:. Needless to say we didn't get much work done - we were listening to what was happening!
Maths:
Spent gossiping about what happened in english - (to people in different classes) and Histograms , in which I got utterly confused (i knew how to do them, but i tried to over-complicate things.) Still my favourite subject :biggrin:

Other stuff:
Year Rep elections yesterday - I didn't get it - but I surprisingly didn't mind much :laugh:. But I got House Captain i found out today :king1: :itsme:! I was happy :macarena:

I need to do homework and stop procrastinating! I only have biology, RE and chemistry left to do. :nutcase:
Reply 4
3/10/17
Music:
We did a composition lesson today in music - Mostly sharps and flats. Okay, but mildly boring :lol:
Physics:
Our teacher gave about 4 people detentions for walking in 1 minute late - not me thankfully - never had a detention :biggrin: :angelwings:
Geography:
We had a cover teacher :^_^: She is really nice and gave us all a positive referral (equivalent of a merit). We are doing about the Indonesian Rainforest and we have to do a presentation next lesson, so we were working on that :ahee:
English:
Interesting lesson to say the least :eek2: Next classroom next to ours were crazy - mouthing off the teacher - refusing to do work - one of the boys flipped a table and stormed out of the classroom. We were all like :eek3: :gasp:. Needless to say we didn't get much work done - we were listening to what was happening!
Maths:
Spent gossiping about what happened in english - (to people in different classes) and Histograms , in which I got utterly confused (i knew how to do them, but i tried to over-complicate things.) Still my favourite subject :biggrin:

Other stuff:
Year Rep elections yesterday - I didn't get it - but I surprisingly didn't mind much :laugh:. But I got House Captain i found out today :king1: :itsme:! I was happy :macarena:

I need to do homework and stop procrastinating! I only have biology, RE and chemistry left to do. :nutcase:

Sounds interesting and fun! :biggrin:

Hahaha, that guy sounds like my entire year 6-9 class :rofl:

Well done! :party:

Good luck! :hugs:
3/10/17
Music:
Physics:
Geography:
English:
Maths:

Other stuff:

Bonsoir Mademoiselle House Captain, how can I 'elp you? :hat2:
I was a House Captain in year 11 so :five: proud of u <3

Do that chemistry RN Laura :fuhrer:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Bonsoir Mademoiselle House Captain, how can I 'elp you? :hat2:
I was a House Captain in year 11 so :five: proud of u <3

Do that chemistry RN Laura :fuhrer:

J'ai été très content :biggrin: :heart:

I am doing it now :biggrin: It's about alloys and I've just about finished - thank goodness!
J'ai été très content :biggrin: :heart:

I am doing it now :biggrin: It's about alloys and I've just about finished - thank goodness!

je suis heureuse de l'entendre :ahee:

Ooh love a good alloy I do indeed :fan: xD
onto the RE? Don't bother with biology, waste of time :hand:
je suis heureuse de l'entendre :ahee:

Ooh love a good alloy I do indeed :fan: xD
onto the RE? Don't bother with biology, waste of time :hand:

eh probably. It's only textbook questions for RE and it's in for Monday, so I might just do it at the weekend :biggrin:
eh probably. It's only textbook questions for RE and it's in for Monday, so I might just do it at the weekend :biggrin:

oh you saucy one :mmm:

p.s girls vs boys
oh you saucy one :mmm:

p.s girls vs boys

cominggggg.... but i might have to go to bed soon :bored:
The Weekend:
So... the weekend was interesting. (not!) I watched Doctor Who and I was happy :colondollar:
On the bright side... I have half completed all my homework :party:

On The dark side (of the moon) I haven't /can't finish them. Yay :dry:
So homework-wise, I had:
- R.E - Just about finished! Will be completed after I update this. :awesome: It was some questions from the textbook got issued :biggrin:
- Geography - Was to finish a group project powerpoint. Not too bad as I finished that earlier this week!
- Biology - Booklet pages 7 - 9 on enzymes. Stuck. Yay. Half Finished.
- Physics (Triple Science) - Pages 68 + 69 in workbook. Finished apart from one question - again stuck. :frown:
- English - Create a revision material for Q.5 of Language Paper 1.
We got a colourful scrapbook to do this in :h: Finished.
- Maths - A worksheet which I think I got right. It was about cumulative frequency and box plots :biggrin: Half finished but can complete (I hope!)
- Physics - Booklet pages 160 + 161 about specific latent heat. Half finished - Will probably be able to finish with not much difficulty!

Life in general:
I feel ill :ashamed2: and I slept for about 12 hours last night (with a slight throwing up interruption) , but I still feel like I could curl up in my bed and fall asleep! :bored:
I watched the European Gymnastics Competition Highlights and that made me feel good :biggrin:
I have been trying and giving on various pieces of homework all day :frown: I just can't seem to do any of it!

P.s pls tell me if you want to be tagged in updates because I don't know if anyone actually does :redface:
(edited 6 years ago)
I do :wavey:

Hope you're feeling better :sick:
Original post by 04MR17
I do :wavey:

Hope you're feeling better :sick:

Feeling pretty rubbish still :frown: :coma:

Oh well... I'll be up and about for tomorrow I'm sure :dance: :dong:
The Weekend:
So... the weekend was interesting. (not!) I watched Doctor Who and I was happy :colondollar:
On the bright side... I have half completed all my homework :party:

On The dark side (of the moon) I haven't /can't finish them. Yay :dry:
So homework-wise, I had:
- R.E - Just about finished! Will be completed after I update this. :awesome: It was some questions from the textbook got issued :biggrin:
- Geography - Was to finish a group project powerpoint. Not too bad as I finished that earlier this week!
- Biology - Booklet pages 7 - 9 on enzymes. Stuck. Yay. Half Finished.
- Physics (Triple Science) - Pages 68 + 69 in workbook. Finished apart from one question - again stuck. :frown:
- English - Create a revision material for Q.5 of Language Paper 1.
We got a colourful scrapbook to do this in :h: Finished.
- Maths - A worksheet which I think I got right. It was about cumulative frequency and box plots :biggrin: Half finished but can complete (I hope!)
- Physics - Booklet pages 160 + 161 about specific latent heat. Half finished - Will probably be able to finish with not much difficulty!

Life in general:
I feel ill :ashamed2: and I slept for about 12 hours last night (with a slight throwing up interruption) , but I still feel like I could curl up in my bed and fall asleep! :bored:
I watched the European Gymnastics Competition Highlights and that made me feel good :biggrin:
I have been trying and giving on various pieces of homework all day :frown: I just can't seem to do any of it!

P.s pls tell me if you want to be tagged in updates because I don't know if anyone actually does :redface:

PRSOM Laura :emo:
aw ofc I do :ahee: I love reading about your adventures :smile: which doctor who episode? Glad you got it all done! This late reply indicates I got most of mine done thank the heavens :colondollar:
:heart: Please get well soon u poor thing :frown:
:jumphug: Sending u many hugs <3
PRSOM Laura :emo:
aw ofc I do :ahee: I love reading about your adventures :smile: which doctor who episode? Glad you got it all done! This late reply indicates I got most of mine done thank the heavens :colondollar:
:heart: Please get well soon u poor thing :frown:
:jumphug: Sending u many hugs <3

:hugs: thank you x
journey to the centre of the tardis, Cold War and hide (the one with the ghost who wasn't actually a ghost) :doh:
Well... most of the homework is completed! Well done for getting all your work done :adore:
How do you have the energy :colonhash:
Eh health? Who needs it anyway :coma: :dry:
Sending many hugs back to you too :jumphug:
:heart: :love:
11/10/17
Well hello friends :biggrin:
I always seem to update this on a Wednesday. :curious:
So subjects:
Music: Intervallic something-or-others, what key the music is in and sharps/flats. Meh :dontknow:
Physics: Revision lesson for a test we didn't know about :colonhash: We also had a cover teacher who made us work out of the textbook in silence :frown:
Geography: Finishing off presentations about the different major Rainforests - mildly boring. We also learnt key command words and prepared for an assessment we got for homework :redface:
English: We looked at an extract about the Titanic and annotated it.
Maths: We have an assessment :sadnod: On Monday :sad:
Today was about Brackets (as in: (x-2)(x+5) and Difference of Two Squares (x+5)(x-5))

General other stuff:
Sort of recovering :lolwut:
(edited 6 years ago)
English:
We looked at an extract about the Titanic and annotated it.

P.S. I miss algebra:emo:
Original post by 04MR17

P.S. I miss algebra:emo:

I was the quickest in my class to finish all the questions :king1:

Why indeed - it was a book published after the titanic thing actually happened but it was from a 1st person viewpoint - quite interesting :biggrin:
How is life for you generally? Going well?
How is life for you generally? Going well?
Please don't ask. I'll give you a proper answer some other time perhaps.:colondollar:

Quick Reply