Andy Lau
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm applying to Cambridge for maths. But I'm not sure what to write in the additional statement. Could anyone give an example what you wrote? Thanks
Ruthie2267
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Andy Lau)
I'm applying to Cambridge for maths. But I'm not sure what to write in the additional statement. Could anyone give an example what they wrote? Thanks
If you're not sure about it, chances are there's no point in you writing anything!

The SAQ is mainly for other activities etc. relating to your chosen course that you weren't able to fit into your normal personal statement. Alternatively you can write about something specific about the Cambridge course, what attracted you to it etc. (especially in the cases of more unique courses like Land Economy which you may not have tailored your UCAS PS for).

I don't know anything about Cambridge Maths, but unless there /is/ something unique about the degree there, or there's an award or smth you achieved and wanted to talk about etc there's probably not much point filling it in. I got an interview and didn't write a word, so it's defo not looked down upon if you don't
Andy Lau
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Ruthie2267)
If you're not sure about it, chances are there's no point in you writing anything!

The SAQ is mainly for other activities etc. relating to your chosen course that you weren't able to fit into your normal personal statement. Alternatively you can write about something specific about the Cambridge course, what attracted you to it etc. (especially in the cases of more unique courses like Land Economy which you may not have tailored your UCAS PS for).

I don't know anything about Cambridge Maths, but unless there /is/ something unique about the degree there, or there's an award or smth you achieved and wanted to talk about etc there's probably not much point filling it in. I got an interview and didn't write a word, so it's defo not looked down upon if you don't
Hah thanks !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (5)
20%
Unconditional if firmed (1)
4%
Unconditional if insurance (0)
0%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (0)
0%
No unconditional offers (19)
76%

Watched Threads