this-unnie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I want to sit the 2018 March GAMSAT in the UK and was wondering if anyone who has perversely sat and done well has any tips on how to prepare for the exam, especially section III. I would appreciate any recommended books/notes, as I'm still not completely sure what topics to cover for section III.

Also, I would really appreciate any tips on how long is a good amount of time to prepare for this exam?

Disclaimer: I sat the GAMSAT this September in London and know I haven't done well, especially section III killed me without mercy I also have the GOLD standard book, but didn't really use it much
Nhuss102
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by this-unnie)
I want to sit the 2018 March GAMSAT in the UK and was wondering if anyone who has perversely sat and done well has any tips on how to prepare for the exam, especially section III. I would appreciate any recommended books/notes, as I'm still not completely sure what topics to cover for section III.

Also, I would really appreciate any tips on how long is a good amount of time to prepare for this exam?

Disclaimer: I sat the GAMSAT this September in London and know I haven't done well, especially section III killed me without mercy I also have the GOLD standard book, but didn't really use it much
hey im hoping to sit the gamsat in march 2018 ! hows the revision going
this-unnie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nhuss102)
hey im hoping to sit the gamsat in march 2018 ! hows the revision going
hi, actually I haven't had the motivation to start yet, I know I'm also ashamed to admit it. How about yourself, have you started revising yet??
Nhuss102
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi, actually I haven't had the motivation to start yet, I know I'm also ashamed to admit it. How about yourself, have you started revising yet??
There is no shame whatsoever stop being so hard on yourself you can do it!!! i have started gathering books and information in order to revise hoping to start revising soon. if there is anything i can do to help , i would be more than happy too
this-unnie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nhuss102)
There is no shame whatsoever stop being so hard on yourself you can do it!!! i have started gathering books and information in order to revise hoping to start revising soon. if there is anything i can do to help , i would be more than happy too
Aww thanks for the kind words, truly means a lot! It's good your starting to get the relevant materials together, I actually have bought the GOLD STANDARD book but i'm not sure how useful it will be. I need to make some revision time in my daily schedule for the GAMSAT and hopefully will be able to stick to revising if I keep reminding myself of why I wanted to take this exam in the first place.

Good luck to both of us, good speaking to you my fellow aspiring medic!
djay1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aww thanks for the kind words, truly means a lot! It's good your starting to get the relevant materials together, I actually have bought the GOLD STANDARD book but i'm not sure how useful it will be. I need to make some revision time in my daily schedule for the GAMSAT and hopefully will be able to stick to revising if I keep reminding myself of why I wanted to take this exam in the first place.

Good luck to both of us, good speaking to you my fellow aspiring medic!
Hey! If you're interested I'm selling PDF revision material and past papers, from Griffiths GAMSAT guide to Des O'Neills to ACERand many more. Contact men
this-unnie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Volibear)
Have you figured out a revision strategy yet? I'm struggling here :'
My strategy is as follows; attempt practice questions, i.e. from Des O'Neill, then find relevant Khan Academy videos/ book to learn the topics in the questions and once i've learnt/revised the questions, I go back and attempt the questions again.

Because I get bored easily from going through textbooks or just learning material that doesn't seem relevant to anything I'm doing, I find that if I attempt the questions first, then by having a question that I need to find an answer to I tend to revise better. So, attempt questions first, then learn material and then attempt questions again.

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (78)
26.62%
No - I have already returned home (35)
11.95%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (58)
19.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.58%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
31.06%

Watched Threads