The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

How can I pay my accommodation?

Hi guys,

I have a problem at the moment and I can't sleep well at night now. I made my sfe account since May and sent ALL evidences on time and by August they told me my application has been accepted and there is nothing to worry. They sent me a letter telling me they will be paying me on the 25/09 but then that never happened. I did move into an accomodation which required me to pay he first installment. I paid a part of it using my savings but I told them that my sf would have came this week (as they told me before) but it would not come as this people be saying different ****. What can I do? Should I ask more time at my accomodation?
Reply 1
Original post by Adezo
Hi guys,

I have a problem at the moment and I can't sleep well at night now. I made my sfe account since May and sent ALL evidences on time and by August they told me my application has been accepted and there is nothing to worry. They sent me a letter telling me they will be paying me on the 25/09 but then that never happened. I did move into an accomodation which required me to pay he first installment. I paid a part of it using my savings but I told them that my sf would have came this week (as they told me before) but it would not come as this people be saying different ****. What can I do? Should I ask more time at my accomodation?

This must be your first year of dealing with Student Finance... Sigh.. I wish they'd make it clear..

Right, as it's your first payment of maintenance loan, your University had to confirm your attendance before SLC will send any money to you. When your payment status changes to "payment in progress" rather than "awaiting confirmation" your payment will have been released into the BACS system - the official soundbite is 3-5 working days, but in reality, BACS can clear much quicker than that depending who you bank with.

I'd expect it by Monday, assuming your Uni has confirmed your attendance.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
This must be your first year of dealing with Student Finance... Sigh.. I wish they'd make it clear..

Right, as it's your first payment of maintenance loan, your University had to confirm your attendance before SLC will send any money to you. When your payment status changes to "payment in progress" rather than "awaiting confirmation" your payment will have been released into the BACS system - the official soundbite is 3-5 working days, but in reality, BACS can clear much quicker than that depending who you bank with.

I'd expect it by Monday, assuming your Uni has confirmed your attendance.

It is a struggle, I wish I knew. They told me that I might have to wait until the19/10 but the maintenance loan might not come
Reply 3
Original post by Adezo
It is a struggle, I wish I knew. They told me that I might have to wait until the19/10 but the maintenance loan might not come

Who told you this? That sounds like incorrect advice.
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Who told you this? That sounds like incorrect advice.

There are some lazy people working there and they tell you different things. I filled out a declaration form with all information and they told me the date is not there so I have to resend it back again. But they didn't send me any letter and the man I spoke with yesterday told me I should wait the 19/10 for my tuition but the maintenance wouldn't come
Reply 5
Original post by Adezo
There are some lazy people working there and they tell you different things. I filled out a declaration form with all information and they told me the date is not there so I have to resend it back again. But they didn't send me any letter and the man I spoke with yesterday told me I should wait the 19/10 for my tuition but the maintenance wouldn't come

Has your application for a maintenance loan been approved? What does your payment status say for the maintenance loan due Monday just gone?
Reply 6
Original post by IWMTom
Has your application for a maintenance loan been approved? What does your payment status say for the maintenance loan due Monday just gone?

In my student finance account it says the application has been approved and they also sent me the later saying it has been approved and they will make the payment on scheduled dates. The status of my application is scheduled payments and payments are blocked at the moment
Reply 7
Original post by Adezo
In my student finance account it says the application has been approved and they also sent me the later saying it has been approved and they will make the payment on scheduled dates. The status of my application is scheduled payments and payments are blocked at the moment

Payments blocked usually means they're having some issues verifying your NINO with DWP - have you checked WHY they're blocked?
or your bank details are incorrect.
Reply 9
I'be checked with them but they telling me different things. My bank details are correct which means that is not the issue. Will try and call them today again. They said the declaration form I have sent has no date on it but why would they approved the application in the first place?
Reply 10
Original post by Adezo
I'be checked with them but they telling me different things. My bank details are correct which means that is not the issue. Will try and call them today again. They said the declaration form I have sent has no date on it but why would they approved the application in the first place?

So they can process everything before you go to Uni - your account would have still stated you need to send the form, though.
Reply 11
Original post by IWMTom
So they can process everything before you go to Uni - your account would have still stated you need to send the form, though.

The note was there since I have opened Thea account so I didn't really take it in consideration . They usually notify me through post about it but dunno. I would have to send it back again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending