The Student Room Group

Making 1k a week on average betting (AMA)

As the title say's.
Reply 1
Is it legit
Original post by storm95
Is it legit

Not sure what this means? If you mean legal, yes I use reputable online bookies. If you mean is the method legit or "dodgy" then yes it's also legit, I don't use accums or "matched betting" or anything, I bet purely on singles.
average of how many weeks?
What's the biggest amount of money you lost?
Original post by Joinedup
average of how many weeks?

I started 6 weeks ago, I used the 1st two weeks sett ing up and practising my method, researching etc. Put it into practice 4 weeks ago and have made 1kish a week each week consistently, could easily have made more and I have only had 1 proper loss, but I'm not risk prone and go for long term profit over risk.
Original post by HighFructose
What's the biggest amount of money you lost?

150, I bet on Liverpool the other week to beat Lecister, they lost 2-0. I bet on corners on a Barca game right afterwards though and make 400 quid profit.

That 150 has been my only "bank loss".
Reply 7
What was your starting bankroll?

I don't think 4/6 weeks is really long enough to judge long-term potential profit btw. Variance and all that.
Not been funny mate but your sample size is way to small to be sure of yourself just yet. I'm jot knocking it you can make a living doing this and I have known of people that have.

However 6 weeks really is not enough to say you can be sure if your system whatever that system is.

Obviously I wouldn't stop if I was I. Your spot but you know don't make any stupid lifestyle choices until you have a lot more data to back it up.
Original post by db10
What was your starting bankroll?

I don't think 4/6 weeks is really long enough to judge long-term potential profit btw. Variance and all that.

From the beginning of the 4 week period. 500.
Original post by Luke7456
Not been funny mate but your sample size is way to small to be sure of yourself just yet. I'm jot knocking it you can make a living doing this and I have known of people that have.

However 6 weeks really is not enough to say you can be sure if your system whatever that system is.

Obviously I wouldn't stop if I was I. Your spot but you know don't make any stupid lifestyle choices until you have a lot more data to back it up.

Won't make any silly choices dw about am going through college and then hopefully UNI just enjoying making stupid money atm with no effort.
Original post by mature student
Won't make any silly choices dw about am going through college and then hopefully UNI just enjoying making stupid money atm with no effort.

Well I have done a bit of arbitrage betting which is where you bet on every outcome with different bookies and make a profit regardless of the result.

what I have noticed is usually the house edge etc is around 2%. which leaves a lot of room for very large variance in small sample sizes.
The Amount of people I have seen round the gambling community who think they have a system for beating roulette etc is scary and its similar edges there. People hit the positive side of variance and think they have something it traps a lot of people.

Now I cant comment on you because sports betting unlike Roullete can be beaten but id also be questioning if your just getting the upside of variance.

Not going to tell you not to do it as someone who has made quite a bit from gambling myself I am not one to discourage other successful gamblers I would just advice you to be careful and to be honest with yourself.
Original post by Luke7456
Well I have done a bit of arbitrage betting which is where you bet on every outcome with different bookies and make a profit regardless of the result.

what I have noticed is usually the house edge etc is around 2%. which leaves a lot of room for very large variance in small sample sizes.
The Amount of people I have seen round the gambling community who think they have a system for beating roulette etc is scary and its similar edges there. People hit the positive side of variance and think they have something it traps a lot of people.

Now I cant comment on you because sports betting unlike Roullete can be beaten but id also be questioning if your just getting the upside of variance.

Not going to tell you not to do it as someone who has made quite a bit from gambling myself I am not one to discourage other successful gamblers I would just advice you to be careful and to be honest with yourself.

True. The method I use means I barely touch my bank so losses are easily absorbed. Just turned 20 quid into 60 quid through in game Tennis point betting for example (whilst waiting for comments on this thread), that 20 pounds was merely a left over from a 200 pound gain a made earlier so if I had of lost it, it would of been irrelavent

Quick Reply

Latest