The Student Room Group

GAMSAT or A levels?

I studied Human Anatomy with 2:2, and Postgraduate Certificate in Cardiovascular Health and Rehabilitation, i need information on which exam would get me into medicine, either GAMSAT or A levels. Or, i was thinking of going back to undergraduate to study Physiotherapy for 3 years and strive to graduate with 1st,and then apply straight to medicine (graduate entry). Please, if anyone can help with extensive information on what to do.
Reply 1
[QUOTE=Volibear;73930026

Also, no, do not study another degree just to try to get a first. It will be extremly expensive and an absolute waste of time.

Also, to add.... quite a large proportion of med schools will only accept first degree result, not subsequent degrees. Therefore, even if you graduate from your second degree with a 1st, it will be useless for a lot of entry requirements and you've just signed yourself up for £30K+ of more student debt
Reply 2
Original post by mrstlc13
Also, to add.... quite a large proportion of med schools will only accept first degree result, not subsequent degrees. Therefore, even if you graduate from your second degree with a 1st, it will be useless for a lot of entry requirements and you've just signed yourself up for £30K+ of more student debt

Thank you very much for the information
Nottingham accept students with a 2:2 and GAMSAT. I think that St Georges also accepts either a 2:1 OR an MSC. A second option would be to do an access to medicine course but defintely don't do a second degree as this grade wouldn't count towards your application anyway. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest