The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 5th June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

HELP US!!

Scroll to see replies

I’m surprised you haven’t had any responses yet! How are things going? How much progress with revision have you made? What are you finding difficult?
Has anyone got predictions for the paper 1, 2 and 3 topics?
- Market Failure/Government Failure.

- Financial Markets
@johnwalsh @Rtinde @hairstyle123 @veeraxox

What level is this thread for, AS, A2 or the A-level
Reply 5
The a level
Reply 6
Original post by hairstyle1975
Has anyone got predictions for the paper 1, 2 and 3 topics?

paper 1 will most likely have oligopoly market structure with game theory
Original post by Sabina19

What did you base that on?
Original post by Sabina19

no problem, that's easy stuff anyway
What dou you think is most likely to come up in the papers. And how are people revising.
Guys!! How’s your revision going?? Any advices or tips for Unit 1 and Unit 3
Original post by M_student
Guys!! How’s your revision going?? Any advices or tips for Unit 1 and Unit 3

what are the topic that are likely to come up on paper 1. I have seen in other threads financial markets will come up on paper 2 maybe.
Original post by Bilavi12
what are the topic that are likely to come up on paper 1. I have seen in other threads financial markets will come up on paper 2 maybe.

How come?? Financial Market is Micro right?? Paper 2 is Macro
I have to go through financial market, Externalities,market failure in depth and few year 13 topics like Cost&Revenue and all those labour market stuff..
Just to let you know I have added this to the exam thread directory that you can find here.

Good luck with your exams, I hope the revision is going well! :biggrin:
Reply 14
How come?? Financial Market is Micro right?? Paper 2 is Macro
I have to go through financial market, Externalities,market failure in depth and few year 13 topics like Cost&Revenue and all those labour market stuff..

Financial Markets in Edexcel goes under Macro.
Original post by Zystra
Financial Markets in Edexcel goes under Macro.

Ohhhh yeah yeah my bad, I mistakenly thought something differently ‘Apologies’
Btw, Are you guys confident with these ‘Oligopoly’ ‘Monopoly’ and Monopsony?

These three are very weird for me😪
Ohhhh yeah yeah my bad, I mistakenly thought something differently ‘Apologies’
Btw, Are you guys confident with these ‘Oligopoly’ ‘Monopoly’ and Monopsony?

These three are very weird for me😪

When comparing all the different market structure, the best way is to compare all the different efficiencies. Explain how and why Allocative/Productive/Dynamic efficiency is achieved/not achieved.

For instance, in monopolistic competition, 'Dynamic efficiency is not achieved in the long run. Since super normal profits are not being made, it restricts a firms ability to reinvest back in the business. Over time, consumers lose out with no technology advances, or innovative new products, reducing consumer choice and restricting price falls in the future.'
Original post by johnwalsh
When comparing all the different market structure, the best way is to compare all the different efficiencies. Explain how and why Allocative/Productive/Dynamic efficiency is achieved/not achieved.

For instance, in monopolistic competition, 'Dynamic efficiency is not achieved in the long run. Since super normal profits are not being made, it restricts a firms ability to reinvest back in the business. Over time, consumers lose out with no technology advances, or innovative new products, reducing consumer choice and restricting price falls in the future.'

Hmmmmm, Thanks a-lot
I was wondering if anyone has an Activebook code for the Edexcel As/A level economics textbook 6th edition by Alain Anderson - it is found on the inside of the front cover. I have the textbook but the code is not valid. Thanks :smile:
I am so nervous for the exam. There is about 3 days left and i feel like my revision is not enough. Does anyone have any tips on what to do for the remaining days and what topics will most likely come up?Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending