The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Which gender generally has it worse?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by username1439610
Inb4 "Men are trash" and feminists claiming women have it worse because they aren't treated equally.

Please see my comments above, I'm not sure you've got the idea of feminism quite right. :smile:
Periods.

All that needs to be said.

Thread closed.
Reply 22
Men are 97% of combat fatalities.

Men pay 97% of Alimony

Men make up 94% of work suicides.

Men make up 93% of work fatalities.

Men make up 81% of all war deaths.

Men lose custody in 84% of divorces.

80% of all suicides are men.

77% of homicide victims are men.

89% of men will be the victim of at least one violent crime.

Men are over twice as victimized by strangers as women.

Men are 165% more likely to be convicted than women.

Men get 63% longer sentences than women for the same crime.

Court bias against men is at least 6 times bigger than racial bias.

Males are discriminated against in school and universities.

Boys face vastly more corporal punishment than girls.

60-80% of the homeless are men.

Women's cancers receive 15 times more funding than men's.

At least 10% of fathers are victims of paternity fraud.

One third of all fathers in the USA have lost custody of children; most are expected to pay for this.
Original post by babsxox
ur profile picture is so fitting based on this garbage lmfao

I realised that just after I wrote it and thought it was quite funny. But are you going to counter any of my points or just call it garbage?
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I don't think it's a relevant question in Western societies; I'd say that your gender can bring unique pressures but ultimately we all have a lot of expectations thrust on us and face adversity in some way.

What did he say that was blatantly incorrect? Some hyperbole there, sure, but he's hitting on real issues.

sorry i dont speak 2 insects uwu
Reply 25
Original post by babsxox
sorry i dont speak 2 insects uwu

What are you talking about? If that's an insult, it is not at all effective and seems to have little to do with context.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Clearly non-binary genders have it the worst, half of people think they are just mentally ill and don't exist...

Since gender dysphoria is medically a mental illness, "half of people" are correct. There are 2 genders, no matter what you say you identify as you still either have a penis or a vagina. There's no getting away from that.
In developed countries like Canada and the UK, compared to men, women are statistically safer, healthier, better-educated, and get a lot of help from the law and society. Think about how much charity focus they get despite their high standard of living and better health on average. There's also the fact they do significantly less jail time for the same crimes. Women applying for jobs in science, tech and management are generally at an advantage these days due to employers actively trying to hire and promote more women. Women also don't tend to be judged as pedophiles and sexual predators, plus they're taken more seriously and given far more support when it comes to domestic abuse compared to men (who are still like 30-40% of victims).

The arguments I'm hearing for women being worse off are things like there being less women in government and fewer women CEOs etc., who are a tiny percentage of the population anyway. Then there's the pay gap, which has been more-or-less debunked at this point (plus young female professionals are actually earning slightly more than their male counterparts on average now). That and women get judged for being too promiscuous and aren't taken seriously enough in some professional settings, which are honestly fading first world problems at this point.
Reply 28
I think someone touched on it already that in the west men have it worst.

In the middle east it's definitely women.

I really hope they end up making some sort of body swapping machine one day just to live a week in the life of a woman and see first hand how easy they have it. Who knows, i may even change my mind and decide they don't have it so easy after all ..lol
Women, obviously. But I think this is a dangerous game to play.
Original post by ANM775
I think someone touched on it already that in the west men have it worst.

In the middle east it's definitely women.

I really hope they end up making some sort of body swapping machine one day just to live a week in the life of a woman and see first hand how easy they have it. Who knows, i may even change my mind and decide they don't have it so easy after all ..lol

Yep, this is one thing I can agree with. Feminists here should be protesting for the rights of middle eastern women
Reply 31
Original post by JackP_
Men are 97% of combat fatalities.

Men pay 97% of Alimony

Men make up 94% of work suicides.

Men make up 93% of work fatalities.

Men make up 81% of all war deaths.

Men lose custody in 84% of divorces.

80% of all suicides are men.

77% of homicide victims are men.

89% of men will be the victim of at least one violent crime.

Men are over twice as victimized by strangers as women.

Men are 165% more likely to be convicted than women.

Men get 63% longer sentences than women for the same crime.

Court bias against men is at least 6 times bigger than racial bias.

Males are discriminated against in school and universities.

Boys face vastly more corporal punishment than girls.

60-80% of the homeless are men.

Women's cancers receive 15 times more funding than men's.

At least 10% of fathers are victims of paternity fraud.

One third of all fathers in the USA have lost custody of children; most are expected to pay for this.

no feminist has replied to my facts?? wtf
Original post by JackP_
no feminist has replied to my facts?? wtf

I'm obviously on your side and I agree that your stats are sound, but could you give some sources? Again I don't mean to undermine your argument, I reckon it'd help the opposition come round!
Original post by Ninja Squirrel

Spoiler

I think women definitely have it worse generally speaking, they are physically weaker than most men and thus vulnerable to attacks, some argue there is a pay gap, women have to endure pregnancy and child birth and not to mention periods... What an inconvenience lol.

So what gender do you think generally has it worse?

Both have different problems and its a stupid comparison. It's like two people standing in a burning building arguing over whose burns are worse - who cares, work together to get each other to the hospital you morons.

Incidentally men are hugely more likely to be attacked and are far less likely to receive any help on being attacked (the first one is a government stat, the second one anecdotal evidence mixed in with human psychology).

Pay gap doesn't exist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSG4xqjDqnM

Pregnancy, child birth and periods definitely suck.

But men commit suicide a lot more often, die a lot more at work, comprise the vast majority of people in the worst jobs ie sewer maintenance (99%), work far more hours and far more overtime on average, can be accused of various crimes with little to no evidence (title IX in America for example) etc etc.

Both genders have their problems. Arguing about who has it worse does nothing to help anyone
Attack helicopters.
I think women have it worse. In some jobs, we get paid less, however modelling jobs may be the opposite. Every month, we go through days of pain because we get blood pouring out our vaginas. It is generally easier to be attacked sexually as a girl. We have the risk of becoming pregnant at ANY time of the month.
What do men get? Boners, who cares?!?!?!?!
Both genders have their own **** to deal with. And as for the pregnancy thing. They don't have to go through it if they don't want to you know
Reply 37
Men.
Lol, bless.

The people think women have it easier because they can apparently 'get laid' easier.

OP-in answer to your question: women ofc in the western world and the third-world.
Original post by olivia.d.j.
I think women have it worse. In some jobs, we get paid less, however modelling jobs may be the opposite.

Pay gap is a myth. This has been proven countless times.

Every month, we go through days of pain because we get blood pouring out our vaginas.

Period pain is just one type of pain. The majority of adults experience chronic pain of some sort.

It is generally easier to be attacked sexually as a girl.

It's more common to be attacked physically as a male than it is as a female.

We have the risk of becoming pregnant at ANY time of the month.

So women have to take more precautions to avoid pregnancy than men do, and their lives are affected by having a child more than the father?

Latest

Trending

Trending