The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Seen At Keele

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CastCuraga
That'll be Keele's fault, sadly ;~;

Applied for Astro/Ed at the start, until they rejected me from Astro/Ed and offered me Astro/Math instead. Apparently my essay writing skills of persuasion are not what they once were :moon:

So really saying "I'm applying for Astro and Math" is a poorly worded way of saying that bc my brain don't do gooder at 1am :colondollar:

Oh I see:redface:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by 04MR17
Oh I see:redface:

Sorry :redface: Will be trying to take optional modules in the school though :smile:
Original post by CastCuraga
Sorry :redface: Will be trying to take optional modules in the school though :smile:
Was about to make the same suggestion.:yep:
received_2069384453330102.jpegThis is more seen in my flat at uni than on campus but I feel it is important to mention (especially as I got rather upset over this plus other factors) that the reality of university is that if you leave your stuff out overnight to dry in the kitchen, there is a likelihood it will be used without permission. So you get stressed as your week hasn't been great and that was the final straw. I've had a stressful week so here is my spatula in my flat's kitchen sink - the reality that you don't get shown! Also be prepared to have to clean out the drain at 2am due to food being there. But uni is still fun. This is just my experience of halls so far.
Original post by eruditeprincess
received_2069384453330102.jpegThis is more seen in my flat at uni than on campus but I feel it is important to mention (especially as I got rather upset over this plus other factors) that the reality of university is that if you leave your stuff out overnight to dry in the kitchen, there is a likelihood it will be used without permission. So you get stressed as your week hasn't been great and that was the final straw. I've had a stressful week so here is my spatula in my flat's kitchen sink - the reality that you don't get shown! Also be prepared to have to clean out the drain at 2am due to food being there. But uni is still fun. This is just my experience of halls so far.

I know the feeling - my flatmates are terrible when it comes to the kitchen. There's a bunch of kitchen stuff just left on the table that nobody seems to want to claim, and often I'll go to do the washing up only to find that they've left their stuff piled up in the sink to soak. That wouldn't be so bad if they actually moved it in a reasonable amount of time, rather than leaving it there for several days.

I don't think any of my stuff has been used without permission, but I do dislike it when I come back and find some of my kitchen things chucked in a pile with my flatemate's after the cleaners have been (I always try to clear my bit of worktop when the cleaners come, but sadly my flatmates don't) :frown:
I was a little worried this was the case at all universities. I actively hate most of my flatmates, partly for taking my stuff (I have to hide my bathroom stuff and food).

But, I don't have to clean up after them like you're having to. That's just rough. :/
Original post by Leviathan1741
I know the feeling - my flatmates are terrible when it comes to the kitchen. There's a bunch of kitchen stuff just left on the table that nobody seems to want to claim, and often I'll go to do the washing up only to find that they've left their stuff piled up in the sink to soak. That wouldn't be so bad if they actually moved it in a reasonable amount of time, rather than leaving it there for several days.

I don't think any of my stuff has been used without permission, but I do dislike it when I come back and find some of my kitchen things chucked in a pile with my flatemate's after the cleaners have been (I always try to clear my bit of worktop when the cleaners come, but sadly my flatmates don't) :frown:

Nah, we don't clean up after my flatmates but we do send passive aggressive messages reminding people to clean up and wash up their stuff. We tend to be good as a flat - we don't nick people's food, just sometimes baking trays, but people tend to ask permission in our flat groupchat.
Uhm. I may be guilty of poor dish-management skills.:K:

However, my kitchen is full of introverts who barely use anything, so I don't particularly care.:tongue:
Original post by 04MR17
Uhm. I may be guilty of poor dish-management skills.:K:

However, my kitchen is full of introverts who barely use anything, so I don't particularly care.:tongue:

Dish management :lol:
Dish management :lol:
:lol: That's what it is though!:lol:
Original post by 04MR17
:lol: That's what it is though!:lol:

Admittedly my dish management skills have slipped a bit recently, all my plates and bowls are currently in my room rather than my kitchen cupboard :tongue:
Admittedly my dish management skills have slipped a bit recently, all my plates and bowls are currently in my room rather than my kitchen cupboard :tongue:

I appear to be the only one here who is washing up? Tbf I am in a kitchen with 12 other girls, and I stress wash up... That's uni life!
I appear to be the only one here who is washing up? Tbf I am in a kitchen with 12 other girls, and I stress wash up... That's uni life!

I usually let my washing up build up for a couple of days before I do it, in first year I did it every night but now I'm not so diligent :redface:
I usually let my washing up build up for a couple of days before I do it, in first year I did it every night but now I'm not so diligent :redface:

I don't tend to leave it much unless I'm going out and then I will let washing up build up for a few nights, depending on whether or not I've been drinking. Or if I've been ill. I let it build up then as I'm mostly sleeping and coughing. I try to stay on top of it as we get complaints from others in the flat if washing up is left on the side. The worst we got was a pan left on the side unwashed for a week.
Clock House Drive.

(edited 5 years ago)
Wandering home drunk, a new fresher swears they saw this...
(edited 5 years ago)
I didn't realise this thread existed, I do appreciate this lovely pictures.

Our spatula got robbed the other day by some kids who broke in
#truestory

keele seems a lot more civilised
Original post by CoolCavy
Our spatula got robbed the other day by some kids who broke in
#truestory

keele seems a lot more civilised

I would disagree with that idea :p: :redface:
Clockhouse drive. :smile:

Credit to @rhyshaberfield on instagram. :biggrin:

(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply