The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance 2018 Applicants!!!

Hi there!:hi:

If you're interested in applying to do Accounting and Finance for 2018 entry then this is the place for you!:woo:
NOTE: Please use this thread for any kind of accounting or finance related course, there are plenty of variants but it's nice to have you all together.:h:

You can use this place to chat about where you're applying, tips for interviews and that kind of thing while meeting fellow applicants

Why not start by introducing yourself? Use the frame below to tell us a bit about yourself, leave off any information you don't want to share.:h:

Name:
Predicted grades:
Thinking of/applying to:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I'm planning on studying Accounting and Finance.
I like warwick univeristy and Birmingham
Predicted grades are AAB
I study maths, biology and chemistry.
Do you think i'm at a disadvantage for not studying for example business, economics
Original post by Elisiah
Hi, I'm planning on studying Accounting and Finance.
I like warwick univeristy and Birmingham
Predicted grades are AAB
I study maths, biology and chemistry.
Do you think i'm at a disadvantage for not studying for example business, economics

I don't think you aren't as a lot of my friends do Accounting and didn't even take maths
Hello I would like to apply to Bradford, Huddersfield and Leeds.
I am predicted C B A in Biology Chemistry and Religious Studies. I have take the EPQ and not sure about my grade. Also I might take the General Studies exam.
Original post by 04MR17
Hi there!:hi:

If you're interested in applying to do Accounting and Finance for 2018 entry then this is the place for you!:woo:
NOTE: Please use this thread for any kind of accounting or finance related course, there are plenty of variants but it's nice to have you all together.:h:

You can use this place to chat about where you're applying, tips for interviews and that kind of thing while meeting fellow applicants

Why not start by introducing yourself? Use the frame below to tell us a bit about yourself, leave off any information you don't want to share.:h:

Name:
Predicted grades:
Thinking of/applying to:

Hi, I will be applying to study Accounting and Finance at Liverpool, UEA and Portsmouth. My predicted grades are AAB in Economics, Business and Accounting. My first choice is Liverpool (with its 12 ICAEW exemptions) but I cannot decide between UEA and Portsmouth. UEA is higher ranked than Portsmouth but doesn't have a placement year. Am I better off picking Portsmouth as my insurance choice?
Original post by Wishful thinking
Hi, I will be applying to study Accounting and Finance at Liverpool, UEA and Portsmouth. My predicted grades are AAB in Economics, Business and Accounting. My first choice is Liverpool (with its 12 ICAEW exemptions) but I cannot decide between UEA and Portsmouth. UEA is higher ranked than Portsmouth but doesn't have a placement year. Am I better off picking Portsmouth as my insurance choice?
I'd say wait until you get decisions back first.:yep: If any one of them turns you down then your decisions become easier.:wink: In the mean time, have a good research between now and then about the courses, the module descriptions etc and see what is most exciting to you.:yes:
Thanks ! Sensible.
My predicted grades are AAB, but my AS grades were BBC. Will the universities who require AAB as entry grades consider me?
My friend wants to know will he be disadvntaged for doing A level Physics Maths and Business. He chose business instead of economics due to timetabling. He wants to apply next year for Southampton,Birmingham,Surrey will he be okay or should he do AS further maths or try get work experience
Current Course/s:BTEC Business(Level 3 National Extended Diploma)
Predicted grades:biggrin:*D*D
Thinking of/applying to:Birmingham, Lancaster, Sheffield, Keele and MMU
Current Course/s: Maths, Chemistry, Biology (thought of taking medicine at the start of the year)
Predicted grades: AAB
Thinking of/applying to: City of london, Queen mary of London, Royal holloway & LSE
Original post by Wishful thinking

Portsmouth probably doesn't good employer links compared to UCL. It also depends on where you live so you can get a job straight after.
Original post by OPSilentSlayer
My friend wants to know will he be disadvntaged for doing A level Physics Maths and Business. He chose business instead of economics due to timetabling. He wants to apply next year for Southampton,Birmingham,Surrey will he be okay or should he do AS further maths or try get work experience

Not at all. I'm doing biology and chemistry to keep my options open.
Original post by Beasty990
Portsmouth probably doesn't good employer links compared to UCL. It also depends on where you live so you can get a job straight after.

Thanks Beast 990 although I assume you meant UOL (Liverpool) instead of UCL! I take it you too agree with the order of preference: 1. Liverpool 2. UEA 3. Portsmouth
Hi planning on studying accounting and finance
Predicted AAA in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry
Applying to LSE, Warwick, Bristol and not sure about the last 2
Anyone got any suggestions for unis that have good links to banks and the big 4 along with a good environment?
Original post by Some wasteman
Hi planning on studying accounting and finance
Predicted AAA in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry
Applying to LSE, Warwick, Bristol and not sure about the last 2
Anyone got any suggestions for unis that have good links to banks and the big 4 along with a good environment?

Y not apply for a science related course?
Original post by _T33BU
Hi I intend on studying Accounting and Finance and am applying for Bradford, Leeds and Huddersfield. I currently do Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Core Maths and I am predicted AAAA, but I don't think I will get it. I am really conflicted between going to uni or taking the AAT course. Everyone I have spoken to has given me contradictory ideas. Whats your opinions????

Hi @_T33BU,

No doubt you'll get lots of useful advice from other members of the forum, however we just wanted to say that we're happy to hear that you are interested in Huddersfield!

Have you been to one of our Open Days? The next one is on Wed 8th Nov. It’s a great way to see the University and you could chat to one of the course lecturers about your options and what a university degree and experience can offer you vs.other qualifications

If it helps, we can try to put you in touch with a current Accountancy and Finance student who can answer any questions you might have about studying in Huddersfield and the University? If so, just send us a private message with your contact details.

Our admissions department are also available to answer any questions you have regarding your grades or application, you can call them on 01484 472625.

Good luck with your applications and do let us know if you have any queries.

Best wishes,
Rachel - UoH
Reply 17
hi,Im predicted ABB for Turkish,History and Politics, however I have an interest in accounting and finance, do you reckon its worthwhile taking the rist with no numerical background apart from a C in math gcse?
Name: ill keep that as saintsfan :smile:
Current Course/s: Maths, Physics, Economics, Further Maths
Predicted grades: A*BBB
Thinking of/applying to: applied to Bristol (A*AB), Edinburgh (AAB), ), Reading (AAB), Notts (AAB), UEA (ABB)
Hi, I was wondering what you guys thought of the unis I was applying for in relation to my predictions. I'm worried that my lack of two A grades may disadvantage me in comparison to AAB students, yet I didnt want to apply for all ABB unis. How many offers do you think ill get? Thanks!

Alsoo- I decided to apply for acccounting and management/business- anyone have any idea on whether its more/less competitive as a course?
Original post by saintsfan1108
Alsoo- I decided to apply for acccounting and management/business- anyone have any idea on whether its more/less competitive as a course?
For any joint honours courses there's likely less people apply, and less places available. Your chances shouldn't change much.

Quick Reply

Latest