The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance 2018 Applicants!!!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone had any offers from either Kent, Nottingham or Nottingham trent?
Original post by Kcoppolaro
Anyone had any offers from either Kent, Nottingham or Nottingham trent?
This thread may be able to help you for the universities in general.:wink: For this subject, I haven't a clue.:dontknow:
Name: LSE applicant
Current Course/s: Physics, Maths, Computer Science
Predicted grades: A*A*A
Thinking of/applying to: LSE
Original post by AamirSonu
Name: LSE applicant
Current Course/s: Physics, Maths, Computer Science
Predicted grades: A*A*A
Thinking of/applying to: LSE

I'm from Nepal too! Hoping to study accounting & finance
Original post by Asma23082000
I'm from Nepal too! Hoping to study accounting & finance

Which universities are you planning to apply? I reckon you live in the UK.
Original post by 04MR17
Hi there!:hi:

If you're interested in applying to do Accounting and Finance for 2018 entry then this is the place for you!:woo:
NOTE: Please use this thread for any kind of accounting or finance related course, there are plenty of variants but it's nice to have you all together.:h:

You can use this place to chat about where you're applying, tips for interviews and that kind of thing while meeting fellow applicants

Why not start by introducing yourself? Use the frame below to tell us a bit about yourself, leave off any information you don't want to share.:h:

Name:
Predicted grades:
Thinking of/applying to:

Hi there! I'm planning on taking Accounting & Finance Degree next year and I have AAT Level 4 qualification which is equivalent to a foundation degree. I was wondering if you could advise me on any good universities to apply? I'm from Essex and was thinking of going far away like Birmingham, Manchester, etc. Regards!
Original post by newgirlintown
Hi there! I'm planning on taking Accounting & Finance Degree next year and I have AAT Level 4 qualification which is equivalent to a foundation degree. I was wondering if you could advise me on any good universities to apply? I'm from Essex and was thinking of going far away like Birmingham, Manchester, etc. Regards!
If you're looking for universities of a similar calibre to that you might want to look at places like Liverpool, Cardiff, Bristol, Leeds and Newcastle all similar aged universities in larger cities. Make sure you have a mix of different entry requirements though. If you're feeling slightly more ambitious then somewhere like Warwick or Edinburgh might be an aspirational one.:dontknow: If you're looking for places who will have slightly lower grades than that then maybe think about Keele, Aberystwyth, Sheffield Hallam, Nottingham Trent, Leeds Trinity etc.
Original post by 04MR17
If you're looking for universities of a similar calibre to that you might want to look at places like Liverpool, Cardiff, Bristol, Leeds and Newcastle all similar aged universities in larger cities. Make sure you have a mix of different entry requirements though. If you're feeling slightly more ambitious then somewhere like Warwick or Edinburgh might be an aspirational one.:dontknow: If you're looking for places who will have slightly lower grades than that then maybe think about Keele, Aberystwyth, Sheffield Hallam, Nottingham Trent, Leeds Trinity etc.

SUPER! Although I did have an initial list of Universities that I'm interested to go to: Birmingham City, MMU, Surrey, Southampton, ULC. I'd like to hear your opinion on these unis? Much appreciated :smile:
Original post by newgirlintown
SUPER! Although I did have an initial list of Universities that I'm interested to go to: Birmingham City, MMU, Surrey, Southampton, ULC. I'd like to hear your opinion on these unis? Much appreciated :smile:
I know very little about those.:redface:
@CheeseIsVeg might be able to tel you a bit about Southampton though.:colondollar:
Original post by 04MR17

Hey,

I'm a 3rd year student at Sheffield Hallam, so if you need any more information about the University / courses, I'd be happy to help :smile:

Anna
Reply 30
Original post by TaraMott
Hello guys
I am currently a 1st year at Warwick university studying accounting and finance. Ill give you some advantages and disadvantages about the course here.
Advantages:
- Every day i get emails from employers for internships, spring breaks, work experience opportunities.....
- There's employers from banks and organisations here every week and events to get to know companies and previous students who now work there.
- Very multicultural uni with a lottttt of internationals.

Disadvantages
- I am drowning in work quiet literally. The pace of work is extremely fast. E.g we went through all the market structures + game theory (economics) in a 2 hour lecture. For someone who has done economics before, this was fine for me but i was still shocked at how quick content is covered.
- I received A*A*A* at a levels and ive never found it so hard to keep up with work as much i have during the past 6 weeks of term, what makes this hard is the mid term exams (in accounting and stats modules) and coursework.

But then again, uni is not meant to be easy. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask

Hi,
What were you predicted for A-levels?
How long did it roughly take for them to give you an offer?
What would you say is the best accommodation at Warwick?

Thanks!
Original post by AamirSonu
Which universities are you planning to apply? I reckon you live in the UK.

I've applied to LSE, Exeter, Durham, Lancaster and Leeds. Sent my application off on Monday evening. Received an offer from Exeter yesterday. yourself?
Original post by AsmaAngdembe
I've applied to LSE, Exeter, Durham, Lancaster and Leeds. Sent my application off on Monday evening. Received an offer from Exeter yesterday. yourself?

I have applied to a bunch of universities in the US. Besides, I applied to LSE, Heriot- watt.
Reply 33
Original post by TaraMott
Hello guys
I am currently a 1st year at Warwick university studying accounting and finance. Ill give you some advantages and disadvantages about the course here.
Advantages:
- Every day i get emails from employers for internships, spring breaks, work experience opportunities.....
- There's employers from banks and organisations here every week and events to get to know companies and previous students who now work there.
- Very multicultural uni with a lottttt of internationals.

Disadvantages
- I am drowning in work quiet literally. The pace of work is extremely fast. E.g we went through all the market structures + game theory (economics) in a 2 hour lecture. For someone who has done economics before, this was fine for me but i was still shocked at how quick content is covered.
- I received A*A*A* at a levels and ive never found it so hard to keep up with work as much i have during the past 6 weeks of term, what makes this hard is the mid term exams (in accounting and stats modules) and coursework.

But then again, uni is not meant to be easy. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask

How hard would you say the mathematical content is on accounting and finance? Why is it that unis like warwick and bristol require a level grade a but unis like notts and manchester only require a b at gcse?
Reply 34
Anyone applied to the flying start programme ?
Original post by BLMC
Anyone applied to the flying start programme ?

On it atm
Reply 36
Original post by √√√√
On it atm

So far , secured 2 interviews but will do it by phone/skpe . Soon
Name:Ruben
Course & Grades: Business (A) Film Studies(A) Eng Lang (B)
Unis:Birmingham | Aston| Loughborough | Leicester | Kent
Heyyy. I’m currently taking Maths, Business, RS and L3 AAT with the predicted grades of AAA. Imma apply to Bath, Bristol, City, Surrey and maybe Birmingham. Doubt I’ll get offers from them tho 😭😫
Reply 39
Name: Kate
Current Course: Access to Higher Education in Social Science (not a mature student, I am 19). Chose this course as moved in the UK in August 2016 and did not much choice. I've also got GCSE Maths A* and GCSE English B.
Predicted grades: 45 Distinctions (equivalent to 144 UCAS points or AAA)
Thinking of/applying to: LSE, City, University of London, Essex, UEA, Middlesex. I applied last week and got a conditional offer from Middlesex (15 Distinctions, 30 Merits). And got invitation to interview from Essex uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending