What is your least favourite music genre?

Watch
Michiyo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
We all have some music genres we do not really enjoy. Which ones are yours?

Mine would have to be country, hip hop, and whatever Mongolian throat singing is. They simply never clicked with me. :dontknow:
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Michiyo)

Mine would have to be country, hip hop, and whatever Mongolian throat singing is. They simply never clicked with me. :dontknow:
I would say I have songs hat I like and dislike from most genres, never really understood EDM I guess.

Where have you heard Mongolian throats singing before and why?
Michiyo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
I would say I have songs hat I like and dislike from most genres, never really understood EDM I guess.

Where have you heard Mongolian throats singing before and why?
My mother used to play it all the time in an attempt to connect with 'our Mongolian roots' (her grandfather was Mongolian)... Never again :afraid:
Shut Up Benny
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Country music and jazz. Can't stand them.
J...H
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Djent...
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To me

Best: Rap, House, Afrobeats

Ok: Pop, Cool rock, Jazz

Worst: Trance, Electro, Heavy Metal
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Probably country. I have a very varied taste in music, though. I can most likely find a song I like in any genre, no matter how niche it is.
Manitude
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Grime and similar 'urban' genres. I just don't get it, and I don't see much musicality.

I guess also noise and dubstep because they sound messy and uncoordinated.

I'm fine with stuff like country, as there's some good music once you get over the cheesy style and odd vocals.
Manitude
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My mother used to play it all the time in an attempt to connect with 'our Mongolian roots' (her grandfather was Mongolian)... Never again :afraid:
Maybe you'd appreciate this more:

TheOtherSide.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Country
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
'Bro' country.
username3460126
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Rap and grime music ughhhhhh just not up my street ! It just sounds like someone talking a load of gibberish really fast! Sorry to anyone who adores rap
Zephrom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by A.N123)
Rap and grime music ughhhhhh just not up my street ! It just sounds like someone talking a load of gibberish really fast! Sorry to anyone who adores rap
Rap as much about the message as the music. If you don't connect with the message then you are only getting half the experience. Most rappers grew up poor and in bad neighbourhood. If you didnt have that same experience then it might be hard to connect.

Rap is my favourite.

Least is probably heavy metal.
username3460126
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zephrom)
Rap as much about the message as the music. If you don't connect with the message then you are only getting half the experience. Most rappers grew up poor and in bad neighbourhood. If you didnt have that same experience then it might be hard to connect.

Rap is my favourite.

Ah ok, next time i hear a rap song i will actually listen to the lyrics! Sorry if i offended you in anyway
yeahthatonethere
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I like pretty much anything from rock to jazz to classical but I can't stand country and heavy metal.
username2312479
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by A.N123)
Ah ok, next time i hear a rap song i will actually listen to the lyrics! Sorry if i offended you in anyway
It actually depends what rap you listen to. Some of rap lyrics are absolutely garbage but it's catchy and has a nice beat! Others are rap poetry, they have a deeper meaning to it.

This lyric from 2chainz has never left me "I'm in the kitchen, yams everywhere" :danceboy:
Casisalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Probably trap music, country, metal and rock are my go to genres tho.
noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dubstep, garage, grime and its ilk.
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zephrom)

Rap is my favourite.

You could say that, but then a lot of rap, hip hop and particularly grime is more about pure lyricism and skill than it is a particular message.
prazzyjazzy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Whatever the mess Jake Paul releases is. Eugh. Trash.

I used to be an EDM fan, but now I'm just so sick of EDM and tropical house. Make it stooooppppp
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (324)
56.15%
I don't have everything I need (253)
43.85%

Watched Threads