How do I check my work for plagiarism before I hand it in!

Watch
ComputerWhizzKid
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Is there any online tools that allow you to check your work for plagiarism without copying it to a database?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
boom
ArcaneMists
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You'd probably know it yourself if you plagiarised, if you didn't then there's nothing to worry about.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
plagarism is okay its only a myth that it is seen wrong
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ArcaneMists)
You'd probably know it yourself if you plagiarised, if you didn't then there's nothing to worry about.
plagiarism is fine though
ComputerWhizzKid
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ArcaneMists)
My college uses Turnitin and it picks up everything even if you haven’t copied it as sometimes when you use titles it picks it up
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you wrote it without copying from another source then you already know that it is not plagiarised and do not need to check. If you are worried about whether a plagiarism checker will flag your work up as stolen then you probably plagiarised it (and already know that). It really is that simple.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
If you wrote it without copying from another source then you already know that it is not plagiarised and do not need to check. If you are worried about whether a plagiarism checker will flag your work up as stolen then you probably plagiarised it (and already know that). It really is that simple.
Not necessarily that isnt true to a certain extent as some may have plagiarised without actually knowing about it
Edoedan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You would know if you plagiarised or not.
CharAU95
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ComputerWhizzKid)
My college uses Turnitin and it picks up everything even if you haven’t copied it as sometimes when you use titles it picks it up
A high Turnitin score doesn't mean automatic punishment, it just flags it for the markers. They'll be able to tell if it's really plagiarised or if it's just because of titles/common word strings/whatever.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Not necessarily that isnt true to a certain extent as some may have plagiarised without actually knowing about it
Given that plagiarism is the deliberate copying of the work of others, that is not possible.
Ze Witcher
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ComputerWhizzKid)
I used a generic plagiarism checker on google for my PS consistently last year and got 0% similarity check (basically - no plagiarism involved).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads