The Student Room Group

Don't know how to tell him it's a wig

Hey everyone.

So I started university quite far away from home. I'm a black girl as well.
Last Monday I sat next to a white guy in my lecture. We started talking and realised we're from the same city.
He asked for my number and then invited me to his flat.
I went and he made me pancakes lol so after every lecture, he always wants to talk to me and spend time with me.

He told me he doesn't like girls who wear wigs and weaves but I wear one and he doesn't know it. Today I want to go for badminton but I usually take off my wig. He said he wants to come and play with me as well

I don't know what to tell him. I feel like I've been lying. I cut my hair off so it's quite short that's why I wear one.
Reply 1
Bite the bullet and just tell him. Don't live a lie.

Besides if he cares more about your hair than you, he ain't a keeper.
Reply 2
I agree with Salma. The longer you leave it, the worse it will be when he finds out/is finally told. Especially when he seems to have already revealed to you he doesn't like girls that wear them.
If he likes you he won't care about a wig, surely. Tell him if he asks and if you really feel the need to justify yourself, explain its because your hair is short like you said.
Reply 4
Wow I just told him and he was like oh that's fine and it shouldn't be embarrassing for me.
Original post by Anonymous
Wow I just told him and he was like oh that's fine and it shouldn't be embarrassing for me.

Well done for biting the bullet
Reply 6
Xx

Quick Reply