The Student Room Group
Where did you get this cut off mark? By my knowledge it would be pretty risky to apply with 690 looking back at their cutoff for previous years.
Reply 2
On the 'how is the UKCAT used by consortium universities' page and other pages have suggested that a total score of above 2800 should be sufficient. But I've looked into it more just now and I think from the interim the cut off this year may be an average of above 700. Do you think my score could achieve offers, considering I'm in the 7th decile this year?
Original post by franpa
On the 'how is the UKCAT used by consortium universities' page and other pages have suggested that a total score of above 2800 should be sufficient. But I've looked into it more just now and I think from the interim the cut off this year may be an average of above 700. Do you think my score could achieve offers, considering I'm in the 7th decile this year?

Probably very risky, everyone with high ukcat scores will be applying to newcastle. The general trend seems to be an increase in the cutoff score each year. There are so many options out there better for you, I would say.
Reply 4
I'm realising that now thankyou, could you tell me some of these options please? 8' abit panicky at the moment because I'm worried my band 3 will hold me back. Would you say the unis I mentioned in my original post are plausible for me?
Original post by franpa
I'm realising that now thankyou, could you tell me some of these options please? 8' abit panicky at the moment because I'm worried my band 3 will hold me back. Would you say the unis I mentioned in my original post are plausible for me?

Here's a good link to get you started: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_Medical_School_using_your_Strengths

Lancaster might be good as they count A*/A as the same thing. Keele and bristol are good if you have a good personal statement. Another option would be to do the bmat. There are many ways you can go about this. Good luck!
Reply 6
Yeah I've used something similar to the link you sent me to choose the ones I said, I'd apply to Keele but not sure if I'd get A*AA :/ thankyou!

Latest

Trending

Trending