BURHANabdul
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can anyone give me some advice on the best way to revise subjects such as Geography,Business Studies,Biology,Chemistry,Physics and Maths. My target is to get a grade 7 by the way if anyone is wondering. Please i need this advice.
Carbon Dioxide
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Think for a moment... How do you like to revise best? Why do you believe that this method will not work for these subjects?
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
First, make new notes from the specification/your class notes for 1 hour. Make flashcards/other method for 1 hour. Test yourself on these flashcards & do an exam question for 1 or 2 hours. If there's anything you need to improve on, focus on that for 1 hour. Ensure the hours are spread over several weeks.

Look for your subject exam board's specification and see what topics there are. Look up information you need for the exam for these topics by using other websites to get knowledge. Then, memorise it and test yourself on flashcards/exam questions from time to time up until the GCSE exams.
BURHANabdul
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Anthos)
First, make new notes from the specification/your class notes for 1 hour. Make flashcards/other method for 1 hour. Test yourself on these flashcards & do an exam question for 1 or 2 hours. If there's anything you need to improve on, focus on that for 1 hour. Ensure the hours are spread over several weeks.

Look for your subject exam board's specification and see what topics there are. Look up information you need for the exam for these topics by using other websites to get knowledge. Then, memorise it and test yourself on flashcards/exam questions from time to time up until the GCSE exams.
Thank you, i hope this helps
Westsidegirl
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Each person revises differently. Some like flash cards, mindmaps, posters, making notes, making up acronyms or maybe just reading repeatedly. Personally I hate making mindmaps, flashcards or posters because they take too much time so I literally just make notes and colour code/highlight. Whatever method works for you I would recommend getting so cgp guides because I basically just learnt everything and got 3 9s and 8 A*s. For the new maths and English gcse I used the complete revision and practice book for maths but made up my own analysis for english. For the sciences, the cgp guides or exam board endorsed textbooks had all the relevant material. I did the old geography spec but the cgp guide is good for content and the website get revising is good for case study notes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (92)
29.02%
No (225)
70.98%

Watched Threads