OdiumFM
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm studying maths, further maths, Eng lang and lit, history, spanish, chemistry, physics, biology and computer science for GCSE.
I was wondering what are the best methods of revision for each subject?
Should I be making revision material for each subject?
Am I starting to do things too early?
RebeccaDowling24
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Everything depends on how you revise;
When I was studying my GCSE's I went and bought separate folders for each subject with file dividers for each topic and then I used to put my revision material in each one.
This could be mindmaps of mark schemes (this is what I did in English Lit bearing in mind the exam I took has been changed but I looked at each character and then their mark scheme and made a mind map of it).
For history, I did the same all of those model answers that you do use them! History for me was tough because it is all fact recall. I got an A in it simply because I made it fun to remember the facts!
Chemistry, physcis and biology well mark schemes and specs just became your new best friend look at the mark schemes for papers and create ideal questions from the mark schemes that way you will know exactly what they want when they ask you a question (it shortens your answer so you cut out the waffle!).
Maths and further maths ( I didn't do further but I passed Maths even though I was predicted a U) and use the internet and youtube, we live in a golden age of computers. Keep practising questions again and again.

Just don't forget you are unique and therefore your study techniques will be and trust me IT IS NEVER TOO EARLY TO START because when it comes to year 11 you will look at those folders and have everything that you need to pass.
OdiumFM
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Alright, thank you for the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads