The Student Room Group

CPR Years - Funding Remaining??

Hi, Just a quick query. I've just recently started on a new degree course and want to see if I will receive full funding for the entirety of the 4 years of the course. I have 3 years of prior study: 1 of those years was due to not liking the course and this was during the 14/15 academic year

Another year was during the 15/16 academic year. I had to leave on health grounds. I applied for CPR and an additional year was awarded and applied to the 16/17 academic year.

Another year of prior study was during the 16/17 academic year. I had to leave due to other issues. I applied for CPR this year which was accepted and received a letter from yourselves saying that another year of funding will be awarded in the 17/18 academic year.

Therefore, taking all this in to account, my new degree course is 4 years. Will I receive full maintenance loan and tuition fee funding for the entirety of this 4 year course?

Kind Regards,
Cameron
Original post by camy934
Hi, Just a quick query. I've just recently started on a new degree course and want to see if I will receive full funding for the entirety of the 4 years of the course. I have 3 years of prior study: 1 of those years was due to not liking the course and this was during the 14/15 academic year

Another year was during the 15/16 academic year. I had to leave on health grounds. I applied for CPR and an additional year was awarded and applied to the 16/17 academic year.

Another year of prior study was during the 16/17 academic year. I had to leave due to other issues. I applied for CPR this year which was accepted and received a letter from yourselves saying that another year of funding will be awarded in the 17/18 academic year.

Therefore, taking all this in to account, my new degree course is 4 years. Will I receive full maintenance loan and tuition fee funding for the entirety of this 4 year course?

Kind Regards,
Cameron

Hi Cameron,

If you have been granted CPR for previous years spent studying a course then they would be discounted from previous study. We wouldn't count 2016/17 when looking at your entitlement.

You are entitled to funding for the duration of your course, plus one additional year of funding minus years of previous study.

Based on the information you've provided, your calculation would be: 4 + 1 - 2 = 3 years entitlement remaining.

You would require CPR for year one of the course to receive full funding. Subsequent years would be fully funded.

Regards,

Stuart
Reply 2
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi Cameron,

If you have been granted CPR for previous years spent studying a course then they would be discounted from previous study. We wouldn't count 2016/17 when looking at your entitlement.

You are entitled to funding for the duration of your course, plus one additional year of funding minus years of previous study.

Based on the information you've provided, your calculation would be: 4 + 1 - 2 = 3 years entitlement remaining.

You would require CPR for year one of the course to receive full funding. Subsequent years would be fully funded.

Regards,

Stuart

Hi Stuart I was awarded

1 CPR year for 15/16 - Applied to 16/17 academic year

1 CPR year for 16/17 applied to 17/18 academic year

Plus 1 year prior study due to not liking course.

So would you not count 15/16 and 16/17 or only 16/17 as I’m really confused now? I thought I would get full funding for the 4 Years.
Original post by camy934
Hi Stuart I was awarded

1 CPR year for 15/16 - Applied to 16/17 academic year

1 CPR year for 16/17 applied to 17/18 academic year

Plus 1 year prior study due to not liking course.

So would you not count 15/16 and 16/17 or only 16/17 as I’m really confused now? I thought I would get full funding for the 4 Years.

Hi camy934,

You would get full funding.

The calculation is 4+1=5 years of funding in total. Minus your previous study of 3 years = 2 years remaining. We would then add on the CPR which gives you 4 years.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending