Lydia.mudwama133
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I can't cope with the pressure of doing homework yet revising at the same time! The homework is usually an hours long so, by the time, I finish, I barely have any time to revise!! What should I do?
username2896540
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Make a study planner that details every single thing in the day (literally even adding "Watch Bake Off" etc) and fit revision and homework around it. Use apps like Forest (paid for iOS) or Flipd (free) to stop you from going on your phone if that stops you from going on your phone.

How long do you spend a day doing homework/revision?
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lydia.mudwama133)
I can't cope with the pressure of doing homework yet revising at the same time! The homework is usually an hours long so, by the time, I finish, I barely have any time to revise!! What should I do?
I was in the same pickle as you last year. However, managing time is key and a lot of people find it. hard. My recommendation to you would be to do what @amberbassi said and also to priorities work. You can't revise everything everyday so you want to create a plan e.g. revise maths and biology on Monday, chemistry and physics on wednesday etc. This way, you will be able to revise as well as do your homework. In my experience, 3 hours a day is enough to do homework and revise because if you revise a subject once a week, you should be sorted. I use the "forest" app on android when doing my work and time it so that I spend exactly 4 hours of my time doing WORK and nothing else (that's just me, you don't have to do 4 hours xD). Even a small thing e.g. going to the toilet is recorded and I feel it helps a lot. Otherwise, just keep your focus and good luck
foreverE
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lydia.mudwama133)
why don't you try and have some breaks imbetween homework and revising and create a revision timetable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (256)
61.39%
Yes- I don't like it (20)
4.8%
No- I want it (112)
26.86%
No- I don't want it (29)