The Student Room Group

AS level query

I got ABC at AS with a C in Maths. I aim to redo the maths modules to get the higher grades which I know I am capable of acheiving (am predicted A*A*A*A) but ue to the reformed A level our AS grades do not count or at the least Uni's wont place as much emphasis on them as not all colleges do them. Is there a way for my college or for me not to put my AS grades as they are quite weak in comparison to the typical 4As. I'm still applying for Oxford and other highly ranked Uni's (Durham York etc) but Im worried over my grades.

Thank you in advance and please don't give me advice on if I should be applying for the course etc etc if you're not gonna be helpful please don't feel compelled to post.
Original post by YSoSerious
I got ABC at AS with a C in Maths. I aim to redo the maths modules to get the higher grades which I know I am capable of acheiving (am predicted A*A*A*A) but ue to the reformed A level our AS grades do not count or at the least Uni's wont place as much emphasis on them as not all colleges do them. Is there a way for my college or for me not to put my AS grades as they are quite weak in comparison to the typical 4As. I'm still applying for Oxford and other highly ranked Uni's (Durham York etc) but Im worried over my grades.

Thank you in advance and please don't give me advice on if I should be applying for the course etc etc if you're not gonna be helpful please don't feel compelled to post.

You have to put your AS grades otherwise UCAS might not let you apply to universities :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Just A Genius
You have to put your AS grades otherwise UCAS might not let you apply to universities :frown:

I don't understnad what happens to those who don't do AS exams, I heard They will jus tlook at your GCSE grades??
I don't understnad what happens to those who don't do AS exams, I heard They will jus tlook at your GCSE grades??

If you've done AS but not A2 you have to put your AS grades, but if you don't do AS IDK what happens :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Just A Genius
If you've done AS but not A2 you have to put your AS grades, but if you don't do AS IDK what happens :frown:

Ive done AS and am doing A2, because of the reformed A levels however there is no certification for AS as they're not linear. I am so confused

Thanks for answering tho
Ive done AS and am doing A2, because of the reformed A levels however there is no certification for AS as they're not linear. I am so confused

Thanks for answering tho

NP. When I did mine they were modular, so maybe it's different, idk :dontknow: :redface:

Quick Reply