The Student Room Group

Gcse problems

Since I recently moved down from Set1 to Set 2, I asked my head of science why did I move down and then he said i'm not Set 1 material when I actually am….
I'm really upset. I always try my best and this happens.

Now my gcses are going affected by this.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
gases?
Reply 2
Original post by SBizzy
Since I recently moved down from Set1 to Set 2, I asked my head of science why did I move down and then he said i'm not Set 1 material when I actually am….

Now my gases are going affected by this.

If you think you deserve to be in set 1 then make sure you try really hard to be top of the class. Eventually you will move back up again :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Notnek
If you think you deserve to be in set 1 then make sure you try really hard to be top of the class. Eventually you will move back up again :smile:

Well next friday my whole Year has the a Science test on the same day, I'm not sure if I do well I'll be able to move up. But also my fired got the same grade as me and he has remained in set 1 this is what upsets me….
Reply 4
Original post by JCIM
gases?

Really?
Reply 5
You know it doesn't matter what set you are in. It matters how hard you work. My school said that I couldn't do triple science because I 'wasn't triple science material' and guess what, I got 3As at GCSE. The school can be wrong. But really the set doesn't matter. I imagine set 2 won't be wildly different to set 1 anyway.
I always thought set 2 did the higher paper? Do correct me if I'm wrong. Don't take it too harshly, prove that you're "set 1 material" by acing your test. I would have a discussion with the head of science again asking what you need to do to move back up.
Reply 7
Original post by JCIM
You know it doesn't matter what set you are in. It matters how hard you work. My school said that I couldn't do triple science because I 'wasn't triple science material' and guess what, I got 3As at GCSE. The school can be wrong. But really the set doesn't matter. I imagine set 2 won't be wildly different to set 1 anyway.

In set 2 in my school, the teacher that I have now has been on the same slide for 4 lessons. My friend who moved up said he never learnt anything in her lessons
Original post by SBizzy

Now my gcses are going affected by this.

Now prove your Head of Science wrong. Make sure you know the material and can show you're the best in Set 2.
Reply 9
Original post by SBizzy
In set 2 in my school, the teacher that I have now has been on the same slide for 4 lessons. My friend who moved up said he never learnt anything in her lessons

I know how it can be. It can be frustrating.I have experienced teachers like that. Half of my Y10 science was taught by a hopeless supply because the school couldn't afford to hire a full time teacher. But at the end of the day it was my work outside of lessons that helped me get 3 As. Teachers give you the basics. No one gets a good grade never mind A* grades without extra work that they do themselves. Maybe being in a lower set will drive you to do more work outside of lessons in order to catch up to those in 1. Being in 1 you can often get complacent.
Reply 10
Original post by TheMindGarage
Now prove your Head of Science wrong. Make sure you know the material and can show you're the best in Set 2.

Well. My whole year has a science test on Friday, if I'm not sure if i do well I will have a chance of moving up, since they just changed the sets….

Quick Reply

Latest