magareth B
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi
I have applied for student finance England for the year 2017/2018 for an MA course in the University of Central Lancashire.However, last academic year 2016/2017 I did apply for an MA in social work to Liverpool John Moores University.This application was not successful because Postgraduate loan/student finance said I did not meet the residency criteria since my indefinite leave started after the first date of the course(1st September 2016).
I had to withdraw my application and step off the course but that was until June 2017 which meant I had done more than halfway of my course.
This year I got a message from Liverpool John Moores University, to come and continue with the course and proceed to the second year.I was also given the opportunity to complete the assessments I have missed out on through Extenuating circumstances.
I do not know what to do at this point because am happy to continue with Liverpool John Moores University but I have already made an application with Uclan for 2017/2018.
Can I cancel the application and make a new one for Liverpool John Moores 2nd year?
Please advise.
Shaun D SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by magareth B)
Hi
I have applied for student finance England for the year 2017/2018 for an MA course in the University of Central Lancashire.However, last academic year 2016/2017 I did apply for an MA in social work to Liverpool John Moores University.This application was not successful because Postgraduate loan/student finance said I did not meet the residency criteria since my indefinite leave started after the first date of the course(1st September 2016).
I had to withdraw my application and step off the course but that was until June 2017 which meant I had done more than halfway of my course.
This year I got a message from Liverpool John Moores University, to come and continue with the course and proceed to the second year.I was also given the opportunity to complete the assessments I have missed out on through Extenuating circumstances.
I do not know what to do at this point because am happy to continue with Liverpool John Moores University but I have already made an application with Uclan for 2017/2018.
Can I cancel the application and make a new one for Liverpool John Moores 2nd year?
Please advise.
Hi magareth B,

It's good you now have the ILR but you would need to be going into year 1 of a new course not year 2. As this would mean the course still started before ILR was granted.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (46)
14.98%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (98)
31.92%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.38%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (27)
8.79%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.54%
I think it's an unfair expectation (78)
25.41%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.98%

Watched Threads