Mathislife0^1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm in year 13, below are my stats (I'm mainly worried about my GCSE's):

GCSE's: 2A*, 1A, 2C, 3D, 2F, 3U - got full UMS in normal math and A^ in Further math (C in English lang)

A level: Got A* in maths and further maths a year early (did them in year 12)

C1 - 100
c2 - 100
c3 - 100
c4 - 100
S1 - 93
M1 - 100
FP1 - 100
FP2 - 100
FP3 - 100 (done for extra)
FP4 - 97 (done for bants)
S2 - 99
S3 - 100
M2 - 100
M3 - 100

And will be predicted A*A*A in Additional Further Math, Physics and Chemistry and will be doing STEP - done numerous maths/chemistry/physics super-curricular stuff and got gold etc.

Given how I failed in my GCSE's - what are my chances?
black1blade
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cambridge generally care more about a-level grades and I'm sure they would be very impressed by your outstanding ums marks across not 6 but flipping 14 maths modules that you studied in one year. The only barrier to cambridge for you will be step (also you'll probably need at least an A in physics and/or chemistry).
Forecast
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mathislife0^1)
I'm in year 13, below are my stats (I'm mainly worried about my GCSE's):

GCSE's: 2A*, 1A, 2C, 3D, 2F, 3U - got full UMS in normal math and A^ in Further math (C in English lang)

A level: Got A* in maths and further maths a year early (did them in year 12)

C1 - 100
c2 - 100
c3 - 100
c4 - 100
S1 - 93
M1 - 100
FP1 - 100
FP2 - 100
FP3 - 100 (done for extra)
FP4 - 97 (done for bants)
S2 - 99
S3 - 100
M2 - 100
M3 - 100

And will be predicted A*A*A in Additional Further Math, Physics and Chemistry and will be doing STEP - done numerous maths/chemistry/physics super-curricular stuff and got gold etc.

Given that AQA (the only board which has an FP4) doesn’t offer Additional Further Maths, I’m inclined to think you’re a troll…
Mathislife0^1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Forecast)
Given that AQA (the only board which has an FP4) doesn’t offer Additional Further Maths, I’m inclined to think you’re a troll…
I did it for Bants - never said I needed it
(Original post by black1blade)
Cambridge generally care more about a-level grades and I'm sure they would be very impressed by your outstanding ums marks across not 6 but flipping 14 maths modules that you studied in one year. The only barrier to cambridge for you will be step (also you'll probably need at least an A in physics and/or chemistry).
Thank you - I'm predicted A*A in physics/chemistry respectively for A level - was you referring to GCSE? I got an A in core science but my school never offered additional science so I can't really prove my grades in those subjects - other than my super-curriculars
black1blade
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did it for Bants - never said I needed it

Thank you - I'm predicted A*A in physics/chemistry respectively for A level - was you referring to GCSE? I got an A in core science but my school never offered additional science so I can't really prove my grades in those subjects - other than my super-curriculars
Yeah what I meant was that a cambridge offer needs a third a-level that isn't maths to be an A but if you are on track for A*A that's fine.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You haven't, and they aren't very relevant anyway.

You will get an interview, and if that goes well probably an Offer. And then it's just up to you and STEP...

However ask the professionals in here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4968162
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (184)
38.33%
Take autumn exams (147)
30.63%
Look for a job (16)
3.33%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.38%
Take a year out (84)
17.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.83%

Watched Threads