The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

NDGAARONDI
Didn't think it would happen that much. If that happened at my old secondary school you'd get ridiculed. I remember a girl liking me a lot when I was in lower sixth. No idea if she was in year 9 but I never really paid attention. And I find it slightly 'amusing' that people get up tight over the law on this issue when they don't adhere to the law elsewhere.

Trust me at my school it did, one guy even bragged what he did to the one girl to the rest of his mates who were also going after year 8 girls. And one guy dumped his girlfriend who was 16 for a 12 year old.
Reply 21
Can't see the problem!!!!!!!!!! there are just 3 years or so difference, I'm with a guy who's 2 years older than me and have friends who are going out with guys who are 28 and they're 17.... I mean what really matters is if they like and respect each other :wink::smile:
Reply 22
theres a girl who stated going out with a guy when she was in yr 10 (shes now yr11) and the guy was yr14 (retaking his a2 year) and they are still together....

also my mate is 17 and is going out with a 23 year old.....age is just, well, age so if they like each other then why not go for it. why be put off by o but your like 6 years older than me we surely cant go out :O
Reply 23
^ Its much more likely the guy is using you because they know younger girls are much more impressionable. Out of interest, why does a 28 year old want to go out with a 17 year old sixth former? Can't he get girls his age? :confused:
Reply 24
Toxic Tears
^ Its much more likely the guy is using you because they know younger girls are much more impressionable. :confused:

well maybe that's true for really young girls not 14 year old ones!!

Toxic Tears
^Out of interest, why does a 28 year old want to go out with a 17 year old sixth former? Can't he get girls his age? :confused:

yeah I suppose, but the problem here is that she likes guys who are older... though he should be capable of seeing that she's too young... :s-smilie:
My mate's sister's friend (that sounds distant, it's not if you think about it!) went out with a 35 year-old in lower 6th. Pretty sickening in my eyes.
Reply 26
um shes going out with a 23 year old not a 28 year old lol.
and he can get girls his age but he likes her which i have no problem with. hes good looking..but not the type i would go for cus of the smoking issue but hes a real nice guy and they get on reli well. its her first serious bf and he doesnt care if she wants to take things slow and everything.
my friend is in upper sixth so and is 18 in april and he was 23 back in oct so its only 5.5 years gap. shes old enough to be able to decide what guys she likes.
in my school a lot of year 10 boys went out with year 11 girls, and year 11 boys with year 12 girls.
lol.
Reply 28
If there's grass on the wicket, you can play cricket.
remiredo
well maybe that's true for really young girls not 14 year old ones!!

yeah I suppose, but the problem here is that she likes guys who are older... though he should be capable of seeing that she's too young... :s-smilie:

Sorry, 14 year old girls are still very impressionable. I have a 15 year old sister and you can tell by the way she talks that she is easily influenced by those around her and could be convinced by someone that something is right when it maybe isnt.
Reply 30
My friend went out with a girl in year 9 when he was in year 11. It was a complete disaster! He was mocked by everyone in our year, it lasted all of two weeks, tbh she was a complete slut and not a nice person. However, another guy in my year went out with a girl in year 9 when he was in year 11, 2 years on and they're still together - despite students *and* teachers taking the piss outta him for all of that time :p:
Reply 31
When I 1as in yr11, I asked a girl out who was in yr9, and, even though she said no, she didn't think it was a funny/dodgy thing to do.

Also, when I was still in school, in yr9, I had a girlfriend (the only one I ever had) who was just over a year older than me (She was still in yr11 though), and all of our mob thought nothing weird about it (though, we all think she's weird now - very weird).

At sixth form last year, we were talking, and all agreed that 2 years was the outside on an age gap at school. It does seem reasonable, to me at least (might not to you, but then, sex wouldn't enter the equation at any point because I'm a Christian, and therefore would like to keep my virginity until I'm married, or at least engaged - well, you know what I mean).
Danielle89
Sorry, 14 year old girls are still very impressionable. I have a 15 year old sister and you can tell by the way she talks that she is easily influenced by those around her and could be convinced by someone that something is right when it maybe isnt.

Totally agree. It's not that there's anything inherently wrong with a year 9 having a year 11 boyfriend, it's just that I've yet to meet a single year 9 girl with anything remotely sensible in her head, and who would be capable of maturely weighing everything up and making that sort of decision. (Might just be the school I go to lol). They try to act grown up, i.e. slutty, but you can see that inside they're still just little kiddies. Because of that I think 13/14 is just too young.

Bizzarely, I wouldn't say that about year 9 boys, probably because they don't try to go after older girls as often.
Robob
If there's grass on the wicket, you can play cricket.

Hahahaha. (mind you I thought it was "...let's play cricket", eludes to gang-banging though when you say it like that)

My friend is in year 13 and he's going out with a girl in year 10. He was 18 in September, she's 14 and is 15 in April. Now I think that is wrong.
Toxic Tears
^ Its much more likely the guy is using you because they know younger girls are much more impressionable. Out of interest, why does a 28 year old want to go out with a 17 year old sixth former? Can't he get girls his age? :confused:

Sometimes two people of that age just click. That's what happened with myself an my ex. No pressure involved.

I agree with year 8/9 girls going out with someone in year 11 upwards though.
This happened in my school yr 11 boys sleeping with yr 9 girls. The boys then walking round happy and the girls boasting * girls would talk openly about the size and how good he was, while the boys would talk when the girl wasn't around: so he'd get more action :confused:

They never got called sluts though as they were the popular girls :mad: But any girl who wasn't popular and the had an older boyfriend was called a slut once the popular people found out. *I think they only did it to take the stigma/attention off themselves*

The girls would also encourage their friends to engage in sexual activity only to slag them off once they'd done it.
Reply 36
well the way I see it is there is about a three year gap between you. Now say you were 33 and the girl was 30 u wouldn't even think twice. I think to be honest age is TRULY just a number
Rock Fan
Trust me at my school it did, one guy even bragged what he did to the one girl to the rest of his mates who were also going after year 8 girls. And one guy dumped his girlfriend who was 16 for a 12 year old.

So instead of going to Thailand for sex tourism I could go to your school instead. :rolleyes: I'm not as strict as other people on age gaps because I know that sometimes the younger person can be really mature but what you've said is different.

If I wanted to go out with this young girl who was interested me, I'm not sure I would have had the exact same situation to this guy when I was in upper sixth. It didn't help with him annoying other people when they were working and he wasn't exactly made for 'A' levels either.
NDGAARONDI
So instead of going to Thailand for sex tourism I could go to your school instead. :rolleyes: I'm not as strict as other people on age gaps because I know that sometimes the younger person can be really mature but what you've said is different.

If I wanted to go out with this young girl who was interested me, I'm not sure I would have had the exact same situation to this guy when I was in upper sixth. It didn't help with him annoying other people when they were working and he wasn't exactly made for 'A' levels either.

Yes, this will sound really disturbing, but if you wanted an easy underage girl, just go to my old school. Then again it's been closed down now.
That age gap is too large. It's not illegal, it's just very very sad on the guy's part.

Latest

Trending

Trending