The Student Room Group

Embarrassed about being a virgin at uni

I'm in second year and still a virgin. I've never had sex and don't particularly want to either. It's just not something I'm particularly comfortable doing. Most people I'm friends with aren't virgins and I think they assume I'm also not and I'm kind of embarrassed in case they find out. I'm not particularly into the general clubbing and hookup culture. It's not that I wouldn't have sex, its just I would have to know the person and work up to it. I don't like the idea of meeting some random at a bar and sleeping with them. I kinda feel alienated at uni because that's the general way most people are, but that's really not me, and I hate feeling like I almost have to force myself to sleep with someone just so I'm no longer a virgin, despite the fact I don't particularly want to or feel comfortable with the idea of doing that.
I suspect that more people are virgins than let on.
There is no shame in being a virgin. Whatever the reason. As long as you've made the right decisions for you. If you are happy with it then it really is no ones business. It's not as unusual as you think.
When you meet a person who you really want to be with it will happen naturally. And if they're worth it, they won't care either. Be true to yourself and proud of who you are
lol the vast majority of people do not give a **** whether you are a virgin or not.
Original post by Anonymous

Stop wearing the t-shirt that says 'I'm a virgin!'. Just don't participate in the conversations about sex and move them on to something else. No one can tell whether you are a virgin or a sex-maniac unless you tell them. You are just a person that doesn't talk about their sex life, and that's fine - actually most adults don't have random conversations with friends about their sex lives, it's a feature of young people who are exploring (or virgins and covering it by making stuff up!)
theres nothing wrong with being a virgin u dont have to do it if u dont want to and u dont have to tell anybody its none of their business

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending