Yr 10 - 11 transition Watch

kiratanei
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How do I make revision materials and revise all yr 10 content while learning new content in yr 11?
JoshDawg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kiratanei)
How do I make revision materials and revise all yr 10 content while learning new content in yr 11?
well if ya haven't been making revision content throughout year 10 then congrats son you played yourself.

You're just gonna have to catch up in your own time.
Reversed Flash
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ignore @JoshDawg

NOW is the best time to make revision note. All the information will be solid and crisp for the exams in January or in your actual GCSE's. Just focus on 30 minutes a day as you are still starting year 11. Then increase it as you will throughout the year

PS: We are in the 21st century there are many people out there who have done the hard bit. All you have to do is buy revision guides ; use them as your primary revision tool, then start making some flashcards on them. That way you are not only learning the content but it also saves you time and energy.
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, ignore Josh. The fact that you're starting revision now is significantly more than most GCSE students.

Keep on top of Year 11 work and *make* revision resources at the end of each chapter or subchapter or topic (Depends on the subject) whilst setting aside as many or as little hours a week to go over what you've early learned.

Make a revision schedule that works for you, and stick to it. Take into account the times you should be sleeping, and extra curricular, which hours you're at your best ETC. then figure out what subject you're gonna study, I'd recommend doing that on a weekly/monthly basis, but plan for the long term so you'll have covered everything ideally before March, so you've got a couple month for Year 11 content and overall revision.

Good luck!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
kiratanei
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you!
ShyB
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just finished my GCSE's. If you need any help with GCSE's, just pop me an email on TSR and I will reply as soon as possible. I also create personalised revision timetables for those who need them x
Ztormie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Heyyyy~! I'm in the same boat as you! You have plenty of time to create revision notes in year 11, just make sure it's all completed by February~! X Like reversed flash said, just start with 30 mins a day and build it up . Additionally, make your revision material as you go along everyday too in year 11 so, when you have a test, they're all prepared~!!! Good luck C:
Ztormie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JoshDawg)
well if ya haven't been making revision content throughout year 10 then congrats son you played yourself.

You're just gonna have to catch up in your own time.
I don't know why this made me laugh xD
Ztormie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Reversed Flash)
Ignore @JoshDawg

NOW is the best time to make revision note. All the information will be solid and crisp for the exams in January or in your actual GCSE's. Just focus on 30 minutes a day as you are still starting year 11. Then increase it as you will throughout the year

PS: We are in the 21st century there are many people out there who have done the hard bit. All you have to do is buy revision guides ; use them as your primary revision tool, then start making some flashcards on them. That way you are not only learning the content but it also saves you time and energy.
:O DO you watch the flash?! I love your name
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%