The Student Room Group

Ukcat score good enough?

Just done my ukcat today- total score 2300, average 575. Not too great I know! :frown: Predicted grades: A*AA. Shall I bother applying for UKCAT universities, and if so which ones? I think just applying for BMAT ones seems a safer option. Opinions?
definitely do the bmat
Original post by Mal99
Just done my ukcat today- total score 2300, average 575. Not too great I know! :frown: Predicted grades: A*AA. Shall I bother applying for UKCAT universities, and if so which ones? I think just applying for BMAT ones seems a safer option. Opinions?

How were your GCSE's because if they are good, you could still apply to UKCAT universities like Birmingham.
You can still apply to Bristol with a UKCAT score like that IF your PS is VERY strong.
Original post by Mal99

Do the BMAT, but also consider reapplying next year with GAMSAT and UKCAT
Reply 5
Original post by Rishan27
How were your GCSE's because if they are good, you could still apply to UKCAT universities like Birmingham.

I got 3A*s 7A 2C
Reply 6
Original post by TSR Undergrad
Do the BMAT, but also consider reapplying next year with GAMSAT and UKCAT

You said reapply, where to?
Original post by Mal99

Since that score is below average, there will be a lot of people who would have beaten your score and have the same predicted grades as you, if not better. My advice would be to not apply to Universities requiring the UKCAT and hope your BMAT score is great.

If you really want to, perhaps one of your options could be a UKCAT at the very most tho. All your others should be BMAT.
Reply 8
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
You can still apply to Bristol with a UKCAT score like that IF your PS is VERY strong.

I'd like to think my ps is strong but that's quite biased:biggrin: loads of my teachers proof read and think it's okay. In your opinion what makes one strong?
Reply 9
Original post by S.H.Rahman
Since that score is below average, there will be a lot of people who would have beaten your score and have the same predicted grades as you, if not better. My advice would be to not apply to Universities requiring the UKCAT and hope your BMAT score is great.

If you really want to, perhaps one of your options could be a UKCAT at the very most tho. All your others should be BMAT.

Exactly what's going through my mind. I think I'll apply to Sheffield (ukcat), and Leeds along with whatever other bmat unis there are (I haven't researched this). I'll apply to two non dentistry courses just to stay safe. For the cheek I wanted to apply for dentistry at kcl LMAOOOOO
Reply 10
Yep- I've already booked it. Hoping it'll be better considering my preferred style of performance is more 'deep thinking' paced rather than fast paced like the ukcat
Original post by ArcaneMists
definitely do the bmat
Original post by Mal99
You said reapply, where to?

It may be worth applying to the nearest med school as they may have preferential catchment areas etc. Reapplying next year with GAMSAT and UKCat means you have a wider pool of possible Unis to apply to.
Original post by Mal99
I got 3A*s 7A 2C

Your GCSE'S are good enough for Bristol, but I would honestly recommend that you do BMAT
Original post by Mal99

A friend who attended Newcastle open day on 16 September was told that they are interviewing many more this year than last. You should apply to Newcastle

Quick Reply

Latest