Turn on thread page Beta

self-catered/catered? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think it really depends on how well you cook and how prepared you are to cook a meal no matter how tired. Personally I just want to be able to eat anything the moment I get back, rather than having to slave over the stove.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hohum)
    you have a very wierd sense of fun!
    mxox was saying that they were worried that self-catered wouldn't be as sociable - i think eating together is one of the most sociable things you can do, and it is fun and satisying to prepaer and eat somethign together! i'm not the greatest cook in teh world but i expect to learn (pretty damn fast!) when i go to uni, and as we all have to eat it's something you have in common with everybody!

also, i'd prefer to spend time making something to eat when i was tired rather than having to be somewhere at a certain time. at my friend's catered halls, dinner was 5.30-7.30. if i was going out to a sports club at 6 then i would want to eat before 5, and then want something more substantial afterwards...which wouldn't be possible. i'd have to make it myself anyway, so i think it's more sensible to live in self catered and always prepare it (apart from when i'm feeling lazy and the chippy is so close) than pay for meals i'm not going to eat.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.