The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabrina-x
has anyone been shortlisted for the Oxford AFP interviews? On oriel it says the deadline to be shortlisted was yesterday midday :frown:. Mine still says long listed

I was under the assumption they would tell us yesterday as well. But i went back and read the Oxford AFP website and it says "...week beginning 13/11." So i guess it can be anytime this week.

Annoying really because the actual interview date is next Thursday.
has anyone been shortlisted for the Oxford AFP interviews? On oriel it says the deadline to be shortlisted was yesterday midday :frown:. Mine still says long listed

Mine still says longlisted. For what it's worth, Scotland didn't hand out interviews till a couple of days after the shortlisting deadline.

I haven't heard of anyone who has been shortlisted and I know at least 15 people who have applied. So the most likely scenario is that they are running late!
Reply 83
Does anyone know if North West has shortlisted candidates yet/sent out interviews?
Original post by RugbyMan7
Mine still says longlisted. For what it's worth, Scotland didn't hand out interviews till a couple of days after the shortlisting deadline.

Thank you! hopefully hear back soon either way :smile:
Original post by med.student
I haven't heard of anyone who has been shortlisted and I know at least 15 people who have applied. So the most likely scenario is that they are running late!

thanks, this is reassuring! hope that this is the case :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I was under the assumption they would tell us yesterday as well. But i went back and read the Oxford AFP website and it says "...week beginning 13/11." So i guess it can be anytime this week.

Annoying really because the actual interview date is next Thursday.

Yeah I saw that on the website but then on oriel clicked down and it said the deadline was midday yesterday.. hopefully they tell us soon :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by glasgowmedic1994
I was longlisted yesterday evening if that helps? :smile:

Thank you!

Me too :smile:! I was just sure they said they'd shortlist by 2nd November, seems they're running a little behind
Reply 88
Original post by ketosis
Thank you!

Me too :smile:! I was just sure they said they'd shortlist by 2nd November, seems they're running a little behind

I was long listed after checking today (by accident), anyone been shortlisted yet?
Anyone received an Oxford AFP interview yet?
Anyone received an Oxford AFP interview yet?

Nope. It's gotta come out tomorrow. Surely they can't give us less than a weeks notice
Nope. It's gotta come out tomorrow. Surely they can't give us less than a weeks notice

Well even IF they do call me tomorrow it will now cost me hundreds of pounds to book tickets to come down to oxford, if they leave it any later I probably won't have any means to get there. Ah well c'est la vie.
For anyone who has applied for the Oxford AFP I emailed in and apparently interviews come out this afternoon!
For anyone who has applied for the Oxford AFP I emailed in and apparently interviews come out this afternoon!

Excellent! Thanks so much, fingers crossed! Good luck, Everyone!
North west interview has come out
Anyone heard from London...
Just got a northwest interview, they're out now......
Got a North West interview! Anyone know anything about the general interview format?
Original post by viki.B
That's great! Thank you!
Yorkshire and Humber AFP emailed today - I've got an interview! :biggrin:
Hopefully will hear from Scotland too.
Good luck to everyone.

Woo, I also have an interview at Sheffield. Any one have any good links or knowledge about what these two stations are like?!

I feel like I'll be a bit out of my depth at this interview - no publications, no presentations etc. I also want to do one of the Education posts, I have no interest in the Research posts. But I feel like if I declare that it may put me on the back foot... What do you guys think?

I'm also making the assumption a part of the 4 month block will involve research into medical education, so more reason to keep my mouth closed on that topic...
Original post by Cheesychips44
Anyone heard from London...

Nope...weird since it seems to say we would find out today. My application status has just changed to "long listed" but says nothing else at all. I'm starting to fear the worst....

Latest

Trending

Trending