The Student Room Group

which universities dont mind low ukcat scores?

So I spent a good long month practicing loads of ukcat questions, did the ukcat and failed (590 average). My GCSE grades are 6A* and 5As. A-level predictions are A*AA
I am considering applying to: (are these appropriate for my stats)
Bristol
St georges
Leicester
Cause i got bad in the UKCAT should i apply to 3 BMAT unis or will that be too risky?
And for BMAT what is the safe score to have to apply for medicine?
Sorry if that was a lot of questions and i do understand that the ultimate decision is down to me but i just wanted someone else's advice.
Thanks in advance :smile:
Even if the Uni puts less emphasis on UKCAT than others, you will need a very well written and focussed PS to work against your UKCAT score.

Worth considering not applying this year and instead concentrating on your A level grades. Then retake UKCAT next summer and apply with known grades. Recommended.
(edited 6 years ago)
Cardiff and Aberdeen don't 'mind' low ukcat scores, but I'm not sure how you'd score for GCSEs at Cardiff since it's a very GCSE heavy uni.

In my opinion three BMAT unis is honestly very risky, but if you're confident you're gonna do well in it, you could always try (I wouldn't advise it though).
To be safe for BMAT I'd say go for at least 4.5 in Sections 1 and 2 and a 3A on the essay.
Cardiff
A*=3
A=2
9 best gcses scored out of 27 with threshold being from 24 to 26.
(Usually 25 or 26)
You score 18+6 =24/27

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending