Els1814
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm just starting year 12 and doing Philosophy and Ethics. In ethics we've been asked to write an essay. The question is ''Natural law is just doing what is natural' discuss (40 marks)'. Ive got some ideas for some points to make, but struggling a bit; any suggestions?

Also this will be my first proper essay I'm having to write, if anone has any tips that would be much apprieciated, thanks
Quirky Object
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Els1814)
I'm just starting year 12 and doing Philosophy and Ethics. In ethics we've been asked to write an essay. The question is ''Natural law is just doing what is natural' discuss (40 marks)'. Ive got some ideas for some points to make, but struggling a bit; any suggestions?

Also this will be my first proper essay I'm having to write, if anone has any tips that would be much apprieciated, thanks
Hi! Do you still need help with this? I've moved it to the philosophy, RS and theology study help forum (for future reference, philosophy questions should go here, or you can post about them in the philosophy study group; you'll get more replies if you ask questions in the right section ).

In case you're still stuck, try thinking about the extent to which things which are commonly considered sources of natural law (e.g. God, "universal" desires) are in fact natural. For example, some of the laws proposed by Hobbes as "laws of nature" are arguably unnatural.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate