The Student Room Group

Gap year question???

Hiya!!! I got into Cambridge, UCL and Bath among other unis this year but I realised this summer that i applied to the wrong course for me! I didn't really have time to think about what I actually wanted to study because sixth form was so stressful and hectic. I only really found my dream course 2 weeks ago and by that time there was nothing left in clearing.

So yeah, now I'm reapplying to different unis for 2018 and for the first time I can say that I'm genuinely excited for the future and for university life!!! :biggrin:

My only concern is regarding age since I'm 19 and I will just have turned 20 when I finally go to uni (my birthday is in September). I really hope there will be other people there who will also have taken a gap year! :biggrin: Do you guys think this will even be an issue? Am I just overthinking everything?
No one cares. There will be loads of mature students who will be much older than you. No one can tell the difference between a 19 year old or a 20 year old.

No one has asked me how old I am and I took a gap year. Actually, both of my flatmates took gap years too. It's quite common.
Original post by Legendary Quest
No one cares. There will be loads of mature students who will be much older than you. No one can tell the difference between a 19 year old or a 20 year old.

No one has asked me how old I am and I took a gap year. Actually, both of my flatmates took gap years too. It's quite common.

Oh that's great! Thanks so much for your reply!!! That's what I thought but it's so nice to hear it from someone else!

Quick Reply

Latest