200 to 400 kcal daily ?

Watch this thread
Poll: Minimal acceptable energy consumption daily in your personal opinion ?
50 - 200 kcal (1)
5.88%
250 - 450 (0)
0%
Roughly 600 to 850 (0)
0%
Around 1200 (6)
35.29%
2000 = (10)
58.82%
Betty2106
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
On an average day i consume 200 to 400 calories and I'm moderately active playing sport four times a week while having a huge campus to walk across from lesson to lesson. I'm not vegan but I don't eat very much dairy or meat (I'm at boarding school) while I'm about a stone and a bit under my resting weight I'm not scarily underweight and some days I eat as many as 800 kcal to be fair
I just wanted other people's opinions / advice
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Betty2106)
On an average day i consume 200 to 400 calories and I'm moderately active playing sport four times a week while having a huge campus to walk across from lesson to lesson. I'm not vegan but I don't eat very much dairy or meat (I'm at boarding school) while I'm about a stone and a bit under my resting weight I'm not scarily underweight and some days I eat as many as 800 kcal to be fair
Well. That's a fraction of the recommended daily average. Sure it varies from gender to height to levels of activities, but you should be eating around 2000-2500. More if you're physically active, which you are.

You've not shared much detail. (Which was perhaps intentional) Do you not eat many calories because you wish to be skinny, or do you not eat because you didn't realise you weren't eating enough?
Betty2106
Rep:
(Original post by FloralHybrid)
Well. That's a fraction of the recommended daily average. Sure it varies from gender to height to levels of activities, but you should be eating around 2000-2500. More if you're physically active, which you are.
You've not shared much detail. (Which was perhaps intentional) Do you not eat many calories because you wish to be skinny, or do you not eat because you didn't realise you weren't eating enough?
Its like of course id like to be skinnier but it's more that I don't find it hard to restrict or see myself losing large amounts of weight
FloralHybrid
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Its like of course id like to be skinnier but it's more that I don't find it hard to restrict or see myself losing large amounts of weight
Ah. Okay. Well I can assure you you absolutely do not need to be any skinnier. You're already considered pretty slim.

You need to start finding foods you enjoy! Whether it's fast food or something sugar, allowing yourself to eat a little of what's considered 'unhealthy' is perfectly okay. More ideally, having bigger portion sizes, and meals with high protein and fat counts. You can still eat around 2000 calories without putting on much weight, or you may even stay roughly as you are. But eating the small amount you do at the moment is unhealthy, and needs to change.

Happy to help if you need any advice or support. x
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
You have an eating disorder.
username2911200
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
You will literally die from malnourishment. You’re getting a tiny fraction of the 2000+ calories you need per day, you are burning your own body mass by playing all that sport. Your body has to feed on something so it targets your muscles and anything else to convert it into food so you don’t starve. By the time that’s all gone you will die, see a doctor ASAP, it’s extremely clear you have an eating disorder.
SophieSmall
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
You know full well this is majorly disordered and unhealthy. I assume by "advice" you actually mean you want someone to tell you this is okay.
...well it's not. You need to start eating more or you WILL get sick. It's only a matter of time.

If you are struggling to eat more food for either physical or psychological reasons you need to speak to your doctor and get help.
Scorpio.
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
That is incredibly dangerous
Betty2106
Rep:
I don't take any , thanks for all the advice will definitely consider it 😊
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
how do i get your willpower to do that? i'm fat as hell and need to start eating as little calories as possible (although I'm aiming more for like 800-900 calories a day)
eden3
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
200-400 calories a day wtf... you need a psychiatrist. You should be consuming at least 2000 calories
Nerry
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
how the hell are you still alive?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
I don't understand the poll
Anonymous #3
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't understand the poll
What's the fewest calories you think it's acceptable to consume daily
Eva.Gregoria
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I don’t see a question here? What do you want our opinion on?
Sam00
Badges: 17
Report 4 years ago
Even if you were a sedentary person, it would still be very unhealthy to consume so few calories; your brain uses at least 375kcal a day just to function, but factor in everything else and you need many more calories, especially as you're an active person

When the body doesn't get its energy requirements from the diet, it uses adipose fat stores (assuming you have them), whereby it converts them into ketone bodies which forces your body into a state of ketosis,which isn't ideal. I'd definitely say 200-400kcal is less than a third what you need.

It would be interesting to know what you actually eat on a typical day? As a sandwich for me is easily 450kcal and I eat a lot more than that
bigstu99
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Unless ur seriosly overweight then 400 cal and playing sports is probably detrimental to ur body, bones muscles joints etc.

Total fasting for a few days can do some good - but not for too long as u need to repleish nutrients for vital organs as well as macros for the body
Sam00
Report 4 years ago
The minimum is also different for everyone, some people need 1400kcal whereas others need 2400kcal. Going by the ballpark average, it's recommended women eat 2000kcal and men 2500kcal per day with a combination of good quality carbs, proteins and fats of which 5% can be junk (the good stuff)
Sam00
Report 4 years ago
Id recommend you talk to someone at your boarding school as you'll probably benefit from some advice from a healthcare professional, also your parents are probably paying a lot of money for you to be there and want you to reach your potential which will surely be helped by increasing your food intake
paul514
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
You’re supposed to eat 2000
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.79%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (24)
25.26%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (52)
54.74%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.21%

Watched Threads