The Student Room Group

200 to 400 kcal daily ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShadowDT
How are you able to function and play sports four times a week with such a low intake? Do you not feel weak or light headed? Even 800 is far too low for an active person.

That's what confuses me , I don't 😂
This is not enough for anyone, especially for someone as active as you. I'm on 1200 calories a day at the moment, I'm barely active yet I still don't feel it's enough. It sounds like you also realise this isn't enough otherwise you wouldn't be asking for our thoughts on it. You're on track to doing irreversible damage to yourself if you already haven't.
Original post by Betty2106
On an average day i consume 200 to 400 calories and I'm moderately active playing sport four times a week while having a huge campus to walk across from lesson to lesson. I'm not vegan but I don't eat very much dairy or meat (I'm at boarding school) while I'm about a stone and a bit under my resting weight I'm not scarily underweight and some days I eat as many as 800 kcal to be fair
I just wanted other people's opinions / advice :smile:

you have a serious eating disorder. that level of intake is not survivable over more than a few days weeks. see your doctor now.
the body uses any carbohydrate first then it uses its fat store once thats been used or you have a very poor protean intake your body starts to use its muscles as food your heart will be damaged and it will eventually fail, your body has gone into a state of ketoacidosis this stops you feeling hungry. to be sure you understand that level WILL KILL YOU your body is trying to keep you going it cant do that for long. YOU URGENTLY NEED TO GET HELP. STOP ALL SPORTS TELL YOUR SCHOOL PARENTS AND INSIST ON BEING SEEN BY A DOCTOR.

Quick Reply

Latest