Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I’ve been bullied for years at this school, and I only decided to speak to my teacher about it last year. He listened to all my issues with them and really helped to cheer me up and feel more confident. Later that week the bullies came up to me asking why I had talked to the teacher, because apparently he had told them off. I was surprised that he thought that that would’ve helped, because it actually made it worse.

Up till now, they still bully me. But when I went to the same teacher to talk about it again he said that he doesn’t want to get involved and to talk to another teacher instead. I was so surprised, seeing as he was at least willing to listen last time.

I feel so alone in this situation, everyone hates me and he was the one person who didn’t. He was my favourite teacher who I looked up to and actually helped build my confidence. I just feel so angry right now. I feel betrayed. I don’t even want to go to his lessons anymore! What should I do about this whole situation?
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Move to another school. Or if you can't, at least don't let yourself be bullied.
bulgylau
Report 3 years ago
how do they bully you if you don't mind me asking?

I think that, you could possibly speak to your head of year, BUT tbh, it's important you stand your ground. Bullies feed off insecurities and low self esteem. it's important that you show that you are confident and eventually they'll get bored of bullying you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shawn_o1)
Move to another school. Or if you can't, at least don't let yourself be bullied.
I can’t move school, I’m in the last year of GCSEs how do I not let myself be bullied?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bulgylau)

I think that, you could possibly speak to your head of year, BUT tbh, it's important you stand your ground. Bullies feed off insecurities and low self esteem. it's important that you show that you are confident and eventually they'll get bored of bullying you.
I don’t know how to be confident anymore how do I show that?
Cece_lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve been bullied for years at this school, and I only decided to speak to my teacher about it last year. He listened to all my issues with them and really helped to cheer me up and feel more confident. Later that week the bullies came up to me asking why I had talked to the teacher, because apparently he had told them off. I was surprised that he thought that that would’ve helped, because it actually made it worse.

Up till now, they still bully me. But when I went to the same teacher to talk about it again he said that he doesn’t want to get involved and to talk to another teacher instead. I was so surprised, seeing as he was at least willing to listen last time.

I feel so alone in this situation, everyone hates me and he was the one person who didn’t. He was my favourite teacher who I looked up to and actually helped build my confidence. I just feel so angry right now. I feel betrayed. I don’t even want to go to his lessons anymore! What should I do about this whole situation?
I think you need to log what was said and when and by who and take it higher. Maybe to the head of your school or someone higher. Bullying is not acceptable and can cause people severe issues for individuals. Explain that you have approached previous teacher and now facing further issues from it. I’m sorry you are going through this and I hope that someone listens to you before they get out of hand.
Anonymous #1

Name calling, following me around, spreading rumours, confronting me (verbally) in a large group when I’m alone.
bulgylau
Report 3 years ago
I don’t know how to be confident anymore how do I show that?
well you've been pretty vague about it all. I mean to what extent are you being bullied? is it an everyday verbal thing or more physical? edit: ok so the rumour thing....right well if it's that, I think you should laugh it off. don't let it show that it gets to you, because that means they're achieving what they set out to achieve uno?

hang around with your friends as much as possible, always stay with a group of people. that way it'll be less likely that they'll pick on you. and you just need to be confident. speak assertively, make eye contact. I mean really one day school will be over and you'll move into the working world, and tbh the confident people get places. it's important that you learn from this
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Cece_lou)
I think you need to log what was said and when and by who and take it higher. Maybe to the head of your school or someone higher. Bullying is not acceptable and can cause people severe issues for individuals. Explain that you have approached previous teacher and now facing further issues from it. I’m sorry you are going through this and I hope that someone listens to you before they get out of hand.
What would the school do though? I’m worried they’d just talk to the bullies, which would make things worse again.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
I experienced some form of bullying myself but I just ignored it because at the end of the day, I still had my own group of friends that I was always friends with so I didn't care at all what other people thought of me.

Unless they actually physically harm you, then my advice would just to be try and ignore it because at the end of the day you're better than them, and often people get bullied because the bullies either have nothing else better to do, or they are jealous of a trait you have. In my case, I would often get bullied for being a "socially awkward nerd", yet the bullies didn't even know me properly as an individual so their perception of me was entirely voyeuristic.

However if it actually interferes with your school work and they start perhaps spreading rumors about you to make life more difficult, then I would just go to the head teacher and ask for them to be shot :^)
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
Punch the leader in the face as hard as you can. It worked for me.
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You've any friends? There's safety in numbers, something I learnt a hard way. Try to avoid areas they hang out in school, not to be stereo typical, but the linrary is a good plave to go. There'll be people around, and teachers etc so they won't bother you there.

Family? I cannot stress how much it would help to talk to them, merely just knowing they're there, can stop one going over the edge.

Studies. Do not let this consume your studies. Your studies are a ticket to the future. Work hard, study smart, get awesome grades and show the world.

Do talk to other teachers/head of year or even the head. Also, I lack a certain amount of sympathy for teachers who suddenly decide not to help, whatever the reasons. Let the head etc know about this.

Hobbies etc out of school, can help you feel better about yourself, can help you build friendship outside of school, and can go a long way to help you survive this year.

Online friends... just having someone to talk to about things to get off your chest, someone who isn't in your life and cannot judge you. Many so people exist hwre on tsr who are willimg to listen.

Elder brother or siblings? If so, use them. Normally elder siblings are looked at as cool people. Get them to just meet you with their mates and make it look like you're a part of them.

Dom"t show your weakness. I know crying etc helps to release emotion, but it also gives the bullies high satisfaction. Hide it from them.

Take up a sport... I really recommend some type of martial arts.
Anonymous #1
well you've been pretty vague about it all. I mean to what extent are you being bullied? is it an everyday verbal thing or more physical? edit: ok so the rumour thing....right well if it's that, I think you should laugh it off. don't let it show that it gets to you, because that means they're achieving what they set out to achieve uno?

hang around with your friends as much as possible, always stay with a group of people. that way it'll be less likely that they'll pick on you. and you just need to be confident. speak assertively, make eye contact. I mean really one day school will be over and you'll move into the working world, and tbh the confident people get places. it's important that you learn from this
I’ll try to be with my friends as much as possible. The rumours are quite serious though, they’ve told everyone that I tried to get with with one of their boyfriends at a party, making me seem desperate. I never did any of that but everyone believes it. I’m honestly scared of them and it’s so hard to be confident around them.
Cece_lou
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What would the school do though? I’m worried they’d just talk to the bullies, which would make things worse again.
I would hope by you taking it to a higher source that it will be listened to. You have said already you spoken to a teacher and it’s made it worse. Firstly you are in your final year and doing important exams and secondly the school may not want a reputation for allowing this to go on. Have you spoken to your parents about this or someone who is your care giver ? Letting a trusted adult know may get you listened to , as they may get listened to from teachers. Also talking about it may help you mentally. You have a big year ahead of you and bullies shouldn’t have the right to affect that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by starfab)
You've any friends? There's safety in numbers, something I learnt a hard way. Try to avoid areas they hang out in school, not to be stereo typical, but the linrary is a good plave to go. There'll be people around, and teachers etc so they won't bother you there.

Family? I cannot stress how much it would help to talk to them, merely just knowing they're there, can stop one going over the edge.

Studies. Do not let this consume your studies. Your studies are a ticket to the future. Work hard, study smart, get awesome grades and show the world.

Do talk to other teachers/head of year or even the head. Also, I lack a certain amount of sympathy for teachers who suddenly decide not to help, whatever the reasons. Let the head etc know about this.

Hobbies etc out of school, can help you feel better about yourself, can help you build friendship outside of school, and can go a long way to help you survive this year.

Online friends... just having someone to talk to about things to get off your chest, someone who isn't in your life and cannot judge you. Many so people exist hwre on tsr who are willimg to listen.

Elder brother or siblings? If so, use them. Normally elder siblings are looked at as cool people. Get them to just meet you with their mates and make it look like you're a part of them.

Dom"t show your weakness. I know crying etc helps to release emotion, but it also gives the bullies high satisfaction. Hide it from them.

Take up a sport... I really recommend some type of martial arts.
Thanks for all the advice, this helped a lot
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Cece_lou)
I would hope by you taking it to a higher source that it will be listened to. You have said already you spoken to a teacher and it’s made it worse. Firstly you are in your final year and doing important exams and secondly the school may not want a reputation for allowing this to go on. Have you spoken to your parents about this or someone who is your care giver ? Letting a trusted adult know may get you listened to , as they may get listened to from teachers. Also talking about it may help you mentally. You have a big year ahead of you and bullies shouldn’t have the right to affect that.
I haven’t told my parents yet, I don’t want them to worry about it.
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks for all the advice, this helped a lot
Welcome.
And to add, whenever something positive happens, no matter how minute, make a mental check of it and note it down in a notebook or somewhere.
Really wish i'd done this when I was being bullied. It will remind you that despite this, there are still positives. It will stop you building a negative mindset subconsciously.
Cece_lou
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I haven’t told my parents yet, I don’t want them to worry about it.
Please do as you feeling you have someone on your side may make this situation a lot easier for yourself. Parents will worry but may have more swing in getting it sorted. I wish you all the best and remember it’s not your fault it’s the nasty bullies who have issues that need facing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (643)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (814)
42.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.68%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.48%

Watched Threads