The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

AAAA offer for Bath Civil Engineering MEng?

Has anyone been made an offer from Bath for Civil Engineering with predicted grades AAAA? I'm aware the entry requirements are A*AA
Original post by haylieanne
Has anyone been made an offer from Bath for Civil Engineering with predicted grades AAAA? I'm aware the entry requirements are A*AA

Maybe if you dropped your fourth subject you'd get predicted A*AA because your teachers would feel you wouldn't be wasting time on a subject you don't need...
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Glassapple
Maybe if you dropped your fourth subject you'd get predicted A*AA because your teachers would feel you wouldn't be wasting time on a subject you don't need...

That advice isn't even necessarily true if they're doing Further Maths.

@OP, my first suggestion would be to put your specific A-Level subjects & predicted grades into the UCAS Offer Calculation in order (hopefully - if there's enough data) to get an answer to your question: https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator

Now, I don't know much about the Civil Engineering course specifically but I do know that at some courses at Bath people are occasionally admitted with one grade just below their offer, so I'd say it's not impossible for you to get a place. Put in a strong application & in my opinion you're still in for a very good fighting chance of getting an offer (although that offer may well stipulate at least one A* grade).
Reply 3
Original post by President Snow
That advice isn't even necessarily true if they're doing Further Maths.

@OP, my first suggestion would be to put your specific A-Level subjects & predicted grades into the UCAS Offer Calculation in order (hopefully - if there's enough data) to get an answer to your question: https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator

Now, I don't know much about the Civil Engineering course specifically but I do know that at some courses at Bath people are occasionally admitted with one grade just below their offer, so I'd say it's not impossible for you to get a place. Put in a strong application & in my opinion you're still in for a very good fighting chance of getting an offer (although that offer may well stipulate at least one A* grade).

The Offer Calculator didn't have enough data but thanks. I've heard that too so definitely still worth a try- thank you
The Offer Calculator didn't have enough data but thanks. I've heard that too so definitely still worth a try- thank you

Fair enough. Best of luck with your application!!

Hi - I've just come across your post, I appreciate that it was a while ago now but if you're still thinking about whether to apply or not, or if anyone else is in a similar situation, hopefully this will be helpful.

I would definitely recommend applying with your predicted grades as generally, if you are capable of achieving AAAA then you are capable of achieving A*AA and the University are aware of this when considering your application. However, do keep in mind that if you were to receive an offer it would be A*AA.

Good luck with your application!

Leah - Chemical Engineering
Reply 6
Original post by University of Bath
Hi - I've just come across your post, I appreciate that it was a while ago now but if you're still thinking about whether to apply or not, or if anyone else is in a similar situation, hopefully this will be helpful.

I would definitely recommend applying with your predicted grades as generally, if you are capable of achieving AAAA then you are capable of achieving A*AA and the University are aware of this when considering your application. However, do keep in mind that if you were to receive an offer it would be A*AA.

Good luck with your application!

Leah - Chemical Engineering

Thank you for your response, I have received an offer so it was worth applying to!
Reply 7
Thank you for your response, I have received an offer so it was worth applying to!

And what was your offer?

Congratulations on receiving your offer! If you have any questions about life at Bath or your course, please do not hesitate to get in touch!

Leah
1st Year Chemical Engineering
Original post by University of Bath
Congratulations on receiving your offer! If you have any questions about life at Bath or your course, please do not hesitate to get in touch!

Leah

Hi, I was originally a offer holder to study medicine at UCL. However during my final I was ill and just missed my offer. UCL don’t accept re-sit and I have now been offered bio-med instead . However I have had a change of heart and want to study civil eng . I just wanted to know the likelyhood of getting intotop uni like bath and Ucl ( for civil eng) during clearing . My GCSE ( 5A* 4 A) and AS (AAAA : Math FurtherMath Biology and Chemistry) but my A2 is AAB ( Maths biology chemistry ) which I think I can push to A*AA if not A*A*A . Any suggestion ? Because I want to go either UCL or Bath - if possible
Original post by SonicSam
Hi, I was originally a offer holder to study medicine at UCL. However during my final I was ill and just missed my offer. UCL don’t accept re-sit and I have now been offered bio-med instead . However I have had a change of heart and want to study civil eng . I just wanted to know the likelyhood of getting intotop uni like bath and Ucl ( for civil eng) during clearing . My GCSE ( 5A* 4 A) and AS (AAAA : Math FurtherMath Biology and Chemistry) but my A2 is AAB ( Maths biology chemistry ) which I think I can push to A*AA if not A*A*A . Any suggestion ? Because I want to go either UCL or Bath - if possible

Hi.

Bath did have places in clearing for a number of courses last year, but it is very difficult for us to predict if there will be any vacancies in 2018 until exam results have been received. If there are spaces available, they will almost certainly be an A*AA offer (including maths). So there is a chance you may be able to obtain a space in clearing, but unfortunately we cannot say for certain.

Hopefully that was helpful - sorry we cannot be more specific!

Leah

Quick Reply

Latest