Williamsc978
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So... I have been given a 2000 essay topic of “how did Air power almost secure a US victory in the Vietnam war”

I know nothing about the Vietnam war with regard to Air power so hoped someone could point me in the right direction with the key points!?

So far I’m thinking it’s along the lines of the US presidents policies and the Vietnamese understanding our tactics...
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Williamsc978)
So... I have been given a 2000 essay topic of “how did Air power almost secure a Vietnam victory in the Vietnam war”

I know nothing about the Vietnam war with regard to Air power so hoped someone could point me in the right direction with the key points!?

So far I’m thinking it’s along the lines of the US presidents policies and the Vietnamese understanding our tactics...
Victory for who???

'Our' tactics? As a history student, should you be taking sides?

Do you not have books on the subject? Access to a library? Simply googling 'air power in the Vietnam war' will produce results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Williamsc978
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Victory for who???

'Our' tactics? As a history student, should you be taking sides?

Do you not have books on the subject? Access to a library? Simply googling 'air power in the Vietnam war' will produce results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A victory for he US, sorry that was a typo!

I am by no means a history student and certainly not taking sides! I’ve been given a couple of weeks to get this written up and I’ve very little knowledge of the subject. Just hoping there was an SME out there that could sanity check my thinking!
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I guessed that! 😀

If you're not formally a history student, then what's the context of this essay?

One suggestion, couched as a question of course... What is the assumption contained in the essay title?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (7)
5.04%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
17.27%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.27%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (20)
14.39%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
28.78%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.27%

Watched Threads