The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BlueBro97
Had my interview on the 17th and would just like to say guys don't worry about it I know it's very teasing and can be the cause of anxiety however it's very very important you remember considering that last year only 114/600 individuals got rejected and didn't get an offer hence the odds of you being in the top 486 are much greater than the bottom 114! Just relax! all the best!

How was yours ?
Original post by Ocd2015
How was yours ?

Quite good actually felt pretty confident after the interview :smile: but ofcourse the ambiguity may just be giving me fake confidence😂
Original post by Ocd2015
Perhaps you have done better than you think. It was very hard for me too and it’s the not knowing which is difficult. That may be a big positive as there is no right or wrong answer and they are looking for individuality . Where else have u applied .

You make some very reasonable points, I would presume most cadidates found it a challenge, so we may be all right...I only applied to Queen's, being an ex QUB student I didn't fancy going anywhere else, I really enjoyed my time there! Eggs all in the one basket though!
As an aside, I found my first two stations the hardest. I'm debating whether this was due to the nature of the stations, or just because I hadn't 'settled in' yet. Did you have a similar experience?
Quite good actually felt pretty confident after the interview :smile: but ofcourse the ambiguity may just be giving me fake confidence😂

Glad someone found it a breeze anyway...
Only joking! Thanks for the information above and very good luck with your application :smile:
Had my interview on the 17th and would just like to say guys don't worry about it I know it's very teasing and can be the cause of anxiety however it's very very important you remember considering that last year only 114/600 individuals got rejected and didn't get an offer hence the odds of you being in the top 486 are much greater than the bottom 114! Just relax! all the best!

All things being equal those are indeed good odds, how you obtained that information I have no idea, but comments by others corroborate your stats. I suppose there will be a certain amount of inter-year variability, based on number of applicants, places available and of course A level results- thankfully those days are long behind me: it must be tough for you guys still at school studying, doing sports/having a life AND also trying to prepare for medical school interviews! An earlier poster- maybe one on the other QUB medicine thread- said applicant numbers from NI prospective medical students were down this year. Apparently such stats are available from UCAS. This could have a significant consequence on those candidates at the margins of being offered a place come August.
(edited 6 years ago)
Have to say QUB interview was a lot easier and more enjoyable than Sheffield. Hope I get an offer for QUB though haha
Original post by rem110892
You make some very reasonable points, I would presume most cadidates found it a challenge, so we may be all right...I only applied to Queen's, being an ex QUB student I didn't fancy going anywhere else, I really enjoyed my time there! Eggs all in the one basket though!
As an aside, I found my first two stations the hardest. I'm debating whether this was due to the nature of the stations, or just because I hadn't 'settled in' yet. Did you have a similar experience?

Yes first station threw me !!
Original post by kendellex
Have to say QUB interview was a lot easier and more enjoyable than Sheffield. Hope I get an offer for QUB though haha

Good luck to you. I know some including myself have discussed how far down the ranking list Queens go in August after results day, but do you have any idea how many offers are made initially in April?
Original post by rem110892
Good luck to you. I know some including myself have discussed how far down the ranking list Queens go in August after results day, but do you have any idea how many offers are made initially in April?

What I understood was that they gave out the same amount of offers out as places originally. Obviously people choice not to put qub as first choice or miss their grades, so they go down the ranking and offer you a place, so if you are at the cut off mark and don’t get an offer originally there is still a large chance you’ll get an offer in August if you don’t firm elsewhere.
What I understood was that they gave out the same amount of offers out as places originally. Obviously people choice not to put qub as first choice or miss their grades, so they go down the ranking and offer you a place, so if you are at the cut off mark and don’t get an offer originally there is still a large chance you’ll get an offer in August if you don’t firm elsewhere.

Thanks for that. I actually assumed they made more offers than places available, in the expectation that some people will miss out grade wise in August. What you say makes more logical sense.

This may not be accurate as last year they gave out 390 places in April. All schools have a formula they use to give out initial offers which are more than the places. Often it is 1.5 or 2 times . They did say too that they give out more places but did not give the number.
I was wondering how the ratio/numbers of offers differs between grad and undergrad if at all?
I haven't heard anything yet... when will I? does anyone know?
Yeah 50% minimum. As bluebro said above, 486 out of 600 got an offer last yr, that's over 80% of the original applicants! I suppose I can have no complaints if I fail to receive an offer with those stats 😂
Those who have got an interview, how were you said? through track or email?
Original post by cost.campo
Those who have got an interview, how were you said? through track or email?

It was by email, nothing changed on track :smile:
Original post by MZM14
It was by email, nothing changed on track :smile:

ok great
anyone got an interview on the 14th?
I have an interview on the 14th. I received the email around 3pm today. Best of luck to everyone!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by GraceDoherty
I have an interview on the 14th. I received the email around 3pm today. Best of luck to everyone!

ok great! so I will hear back soon hopefully

Latest

Trending

Trending