The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by username_16O
Queen's select for interview based on a points system.

They take your best nine GCSEs: A*=4 A=3 B=2
This gives you a score out of 36

Then an additional 6 points are awarded for your UKCAT score (allocated in bands). This brings you up to a max of 42.

The cut off for interview is calculated by ranking everyone and taking the best 300, 500 or 700 etc. (basically however many they want to interview that year).

More details can be found on the QUB website - they are very open about their admissions process.

well ok😅 hahah I am Italian so my grades are not A, B C😂
Hey all! Does anyone know if after the interview, they select candidates purely based on interview performance, or if they still look at score ranking/ personal statement / other factors at that point? Sorry if this has already been answered + thankyou in advance!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MZM14
Hey all! Does anyone know if after the interview, they select candidates purely based on interview performance, or if they still look at score ranking/ personal statement / other factors at that point? Sorry if this has already been answered + thankyou in advance!

Purely interview score :smile:
Just received an interview invitation for 17th January
Ahh interview on 19th January! Second time lucky, I hope 🍀😅
Original post by Jollynero
Ahh interview on 19th January! Second time lucky, I hope 🍀😅

Many congratulations you deserve to be successful this time :smile: I'm sure you will be. Mine is on the 19th also!
Original post by elisha.T
Just received an interview invitation for 17th January

Fantastic! Big congrats :smile: mine in on the 19th
Original post by rem110892
Many congratulations you deserve to be successful this time :smile: I'm sure you will be. Mine is on the 19th also!

Thank you! Congrats to you too, might see you on interview day then! Haha
Original post by rem110892
I am applying as a graduate for the 1st time. Just this week Admissions have asked for details of previous UCAS applications I have made and also enquired if I am currently studying on any form of educational course.

would you mind if i ask what you were doing beforehand like what degree?
What points are everyone on that got an interview?
Original post by Qwerty2017
What points are everyone on that got an interview?

41/42 :smile:
Original post by coconut_flamingo
would you mind if i ask what you were doing beforehand like what degree?

Sure- I am a pharmacy graduate. That's what I work as currently, often down South as well as in NI as a locum. I need all the money I can get if I am to pay the tuition fees up-front!
Original post by Jollynero
41/42 :smile:

We share many characteristics haha I am also 41/42.
The fun is only just beginning :wink: What is the QUB MMI success rate, around 50% if I recall correctly?
40/42
Any international student got an interview invite?
Interview 39/42 on 19th Jan. Undergraduate
I have an interview on the 17th January with 38/42.
Original post by babypooh
Any international student got an interview invite?

There's an interview date in March, maybe they will wait until the new year before giving out invites to international students? It would make sense to give them extra time to make travel preparations ect.
Reply 99
Interview!! 18th January!! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending