The Student Room Group

How many papers do you have in total if you do Triple Science?

Hi there, I have heard many people telling me that triple science contains 9 papers, three for biology, three for physics and three for chemistry. I wanted to know if that was true because other people tell me that you only do 6 in total. Could a informed person who has done triple science ideally this year or last year please help answer this question. My exam board is AQA. Thanks.
I did triple science this year and I did 9 papers, 3 for each subject. The people who did double science did 6 papers.
It is 9 papers. There are 3 for Biology (B1, B2, B3), 3 for Chemistry (C1, C2, C3), and 3 for Physics (P1, P2, P3).
I am assuming you are doing the new 9-1 gcse? if so it is 6 papers, 2 for each subject
oh man. I hate my life now.
For 9-1 it's 6 papers regardless of whether you take combined or triple.
Is that for double or triple science?
How comes some people said 9 then.
Original post by arahman5166

both combined and triple
Reply 9
I did 6 last year, but I didn't do 9-1. It varies per exam board but it'll be either 6 or 9. What exam board do you sit?

it is actually for both. But triple science students have more content and therefore the exam is longer (1hr 45mins) and has more marks
Original post by AmmarTa
I did 6 last year, but I didn't do 9-1. It varies per exam board but it'll be either 6 or 9. What exam board do you sit?

AQA
How comes some people said 9 then.

Old specification was 6 for double ([B/C/P][1/2]) and 9 for triple (B3, P3, C3), as well as controlled assessments which constituted 25% of each of the GCSEs.
AQA

AQA have 2 papers per science on 9-1 resulting in 6 papers.
Thanks everyone.:jebus::jebus::jebus::jebus:
On the old spec for triple science you did 9 papers whereas for 9-1 you do 6 which are 1h30min each.
Reply 16
Trilogy is 9 papers triple /combined is 6 papers and double is 2 papers biology and chemistry
Total is 6
-2 chemistry
-2 biology
-2 physics

Quick Reply