The Student Room Group

Not sure which Universities to apply to

Hey,I'm currently about to apply to universities but I'm not sure how much of a chance I have at certain unis.Predicted:AAA (Maths,chem,bio)

However, I got a B in AS maths (60 ums in c2, 79 s1, 79 c1)
And a D in Further Maths(U in d1, 58 ums in m1 and 77 ums in fp1)

With maths AS grades like that do I still have a chance at the so called "better" universities, such as UCL, Warwick kings etc
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Avenger123
Hey,I'm currently about to apply to universities but I'm not sure how much of a chance I have at certain unis.Predicted:AAA (Maths,chem,bio)However, I got a B in AS maths (60 ums in c2, 79 s1, 79 c2)And a D in Further Maths(U in d1, 58 ums in m1 and 77 ums in fp1)With maths AS grades like that do I still have a chance at

At what?
I assume the 60 ums was in C1? Do you mean have a chance at getting an A? 2/3 of your three units were good so if you resit the one where you had 60 and get an 82, then your AS will be at an A.
It depends on what you want to apply for. For AAA theres City Uni, Warwick, Notts to name a few (depending on your course it maybe higher or lower)
But always apply to a couple that are lower than AAA just incase
Reply 3
Original post by HomeworkHater
I assume the 60 ums was in C1? Do you mean have a chance at getting an A? 2/3 of your three units were good so if you resit the one where you had 60 and get an 82, then your AS will be at an A.
It depends on what you want to apply for. For AAA theres City Uni, Warwick, Notts to name a few (depending on your course it maybe higher or lower)
But always apply to a couple that are lower than AAA just incase

Sorry Misstype I meant the 79 was in c1, 60 was in c2.

Either way, I'm concerned they'll be bothered by my further Maths which might put them off.
Further Maths is your 4th so you might be okay since unis only look at three (except for a few like LSE who might ask for Further as an AS)
If you want to get rid of Further, retake one of the applied units and use it for your Maths. This way you will no longer have an AS qualification in Further but you have extra modules to cash in on for your Maths. I know you just missed a C in M1 but you could retake instead of learning S2. That being said to make a real improvement you would need to have a tutor or have M1 lessons in school/college and not just revise by yourself. You did do well in S1 so you should be fine in S2. Talk to your school about it and see what they say?
Reply 5
The big question is do you think you can achieve AAA. The predicted grades are immaterial if you do not think you will get those grades. If you think it's achievable then go for it but when picking your unis you need to have at least one to fall back on so, for example, go for 3 x AAA, 1 x AAB and 1 x ABB (or BBB).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending