The Student Room Group

Chemistry help urgent

Hey, so basically we did an experiment in class for making a salt solution and the only measurement we got given was that we had to use 0.29 grams of sodium chloride (salt) for it, we've been asked to calculate the concentration but I have no clue on how to do it so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :smile:
Original post by seasonalstudies
Hey, so basically we did an experiment in class for making a salt solution and the only measurement we got given was that we had to use 0.29 grams of sodium chloride (salt) for it, we've been asked to calculate the concentration but I have no clue on how to do it so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :smile:
moles=mass/mr
use this to then calculate concentration which is moles/vol (dm^3) <--- im sure you should've been given a volume.
yes!! I figured out what to do a few minutes back but I've finished calculating the number of moles which is 0.29/58.5 but we haven't been given a volume at all so that's my only barrier at this stage
Original post by oewndwodn291
moles=mass/mr
use this to then calculate concentration which is moles/vol (dm^3) <--- im sure you should've been given a volume.

Quick Reply

Latest