From this 4 unis, what's the best/ has the better reputation? Watch

Pedrester
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm from Portugal and I've decided to go study in the UK, I'm currently in 12th grade and I'm working with a company here that helps students study in the UK, and they showed me this 4 universities and I'd like to have your opinion since it would help a lot. The course I'm going is Biomedical Sciences. These are the universities:

- Nottingham Trent University
- Coventry University
- Brunel University London
- University of Portsmouth

I've looked through their websites and they all seem really good, but obviously they only show the good part to attract more students, so I'm curious to know the opinion of people that have attended these unis. How were the teachers, the student interaction, sports, accommodation (and prices), social life, etc...

Thanks in advance
afonso123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Pedrester,My name is Afonso and did my 3 year BSc Biomedical Sciences at Nottingham Trent University and I am now currently working for the Nottingham Trent Students' Union. I can see you have quite a few questions and so I thought it would be easier to answer them if you message me. Best regards,Afonso Martins
Sykeology
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...gical+Sciences

This might provide some good insight. It's a comparison between the four for Biological Sciences (I couldn't find Biomedical Sciences on the drop down menu! but there is an option to look at them overall).

Happy uni-hunting! (:
TooNocturnal
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pedrester)
I'm from Portugal and I've decided to go study in the UK, I'm currently in 12th grade and I'm working with a company here that helps students study in the UK, and they showed me this 4 universities and I'd like to have your opinion since it would help a lot. The course I'm going is Biomedical Sciences. These are the universities:

- Coventry University

I've looked through their websites and they all seem really good, but obviously they only show the good part to attract more students, so I'm curious to know the opinion of people that have attended these unis. How were the teachers, the student interaction, sports, accommodation (and prices), social life, etc...

Thanks in advance
https://www.whatuni.com/university-course-reviews/

There are many sites like this one. Look at this one, type the University and search "Biomedical" in the course search box. It'll shoe you reviews on the Universities WRITTEN by past and/or students. It may be a good resource to use to figure out exactly where you want to study!

Good luck in your uni search
TooNocturnal
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It will show you* (Correcting a typo on my previous post)
EmmaRebecca1997
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pedrester)

- Coventry University

Thanks in advance
I would advise not to look too much at the overall reputation of the university and look at the specifics of the course you want to do at each uni because even though they may be called the same the content will be different. The content of the course, in my opinion, is more important than the uni's rep because the course is what you'll actually be doing. The universities rep is relative.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (66)
59.46%
Yes- I don't like it (5)
4.5%
No- I want it (33)
29.73%
No- I don't want it (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise